Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Applications installed but Do Not Appear :(!! PlZ HELP!

  1. #1
    Default Applications installed but Do Not Appear :(!! PlZ HELP!
    Hey guys,

    my iphone is 2.0.2 jail broken and everything and everything is working fine.. ..for some reason most applications i install either using cydia or installer dont appear in my springboard !! ..for example bossprefs,mxtube,powertool ..non of these show on my springboard ! but i installed bitesms and it appears !!

    any idea how i can get them to show or what am i doing wrong?

    appreciate ur help ..

    thx
    Last edited by phsychyzed; 2008-08-27 at 08:51 PM.

  2. #2
    after installing the apps try rebooting your iphone. to refresh the system.

    hope it'll work.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by phsychyzed View Post
    Hey guys,

    my iphone is 2.0.2 jail broken and everything and everything is working fine.. ..for some reason most applications i install either using cydia or installer dont appear in my springboard !! ..for example bossprefs,mxtube,powertool ..non of these show on my springboard ! but i installed bitesms and it appears !!

    any idea how i can get them to show or what am i doing wrong?

    appreciate ur help ..

    thx
    I just had the sae problem with just one app so far, WbApp and when I download it from cydia it looks like it worked fine but no icon shows up on SB? It does add to the list in "POOF" in BossPrefs though? Im stumped
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbulvig View Post
    I just had the sae problem with just one app so far, WbApp and when I download it from cydia it looks like it worked fine but no icon shows up on SB? It does add to the list in "POOF" in BossPrefs though? Im stumped
    Quote Originally Posted by phsychyzed View Post
    Hey guys,

    my iphone is 2.0.2 jail broken and everything and everything is working fine.. ..for some reason most applications i install either using cydia or installer dont appear in my springboard !! ..for example bossprefs,mxtube,powertool ..non of these show on my springboard ! but i installed bitesms and it appears !!

    any idea how i can get them to show or what am i doing wrong?

    appreciate ur help ..

    thx
    mine's worse. installed customize, tonefxs, snapture & one other application. it loads but doesn't reboot. i tried restarting iphone, still nth shows. how do you check if you have springboard & summerboard on your phone? i checked from cydia via manage>packages. i only have winterboard & a whole load of other applications that i don't rmb installing. neither does my jailbreaker (who happens to be a really close friend).
    I'm such an iphone noob!

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    617
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts

    I'm experiencing the same sensation. It appears as though it's selective, meaning some apps show and some don't. Any one with intricate knowledge of our little problem here?

  6. #6
    I too am having this problem. I had 2.0.1 and everything worked good.

    I used winpwn 2.5 expert, partition 800.
    I finished that process, restored from backup and that's it. I opened cydia and installed openssh fine. But anything that would involve an icon OR anything theme related (metallica apple battery, apple sliders) show to install correctly (return to cydia button).

    Nothing appears. In the ssh it appears to be there...

    Restart does nothing.

    I then redid the whole process but with saying new user, then syncing THEN restoring. My app store apps crashed. So I did the trick to download a free one via itunes and sync. This fixed those apps and somehow got bossprefs to go on there and NES.

    But anything after that will not go. Nothing else shows to install.

    Does it have to do with that POSIX error?


    oh also I would see, more in the first restore, after I install a program and return to Cydia I would hit Home and the screen would go black except the top gray bar with the time on it then seemingly crash to black and then the home screen pops up.

  7. #7
    An update for whoever still has the problem... I Finally got my applications to work !! how ? SIMPLY RESTOREED MY IPHONE AGAIN ! ...not a magic trick but it did the job, now everything works perfectly fine ! for all you guys who have the same problem thats the fastest and easiest way to fix it!!

    goodluck !

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by phsychyzed View Post
    An update for whoever still has the problem... I Finally got my applications to work !! how ? SIMPLY RESTOREED MY IPHONE AGAIN ! ...not a magic trick but it did the job, now everything works perfectly fine ! for all you guys who have the same problem thats the fastest and easiest way to fix it!!

    goodluck !
    This is not a surefire fix. I restored and jailbroke my phone several times with no luck.

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Mine only does this if I have intelliscreen installed. As soon as I remove it my missing icons reappear.

  10. #10
    I've got same problem after restoring with winpwn 2.5. Annoying me.

  11. #11
    Same thing is happening for me. Any luck? I tried installing iSolitaire, video recorder but none of the icons appears. Its pretty frustutaing!!! I have spent almost a day trying to figure out what could be wrong. I have restored , jailed broken my phone about 5-6 times now. Please help!!!!!
    Last edited by wildcat1313; 2008-09-07 at 07:13 AM.

  12. #12
    I was looking for isolitaire? Just to see if I had a problem bit can't seem to find it? Is it from cydia or app store?

  13. #13
    This is from Cydia. I also tried to manually copy the soliltaire.app using ssh but no luck. Please let me know

  14. #14
    you may not want to do same but I downgraded to 2.0.1 and all is fine again? Tjis is on 1st gen iphone though, You didnt say if 3g or 1st gen?

  15. #15
    Everyone, if you have 3 pages of apps, check to see if there are apps on a 4th page. Sometimes when Poof unhides apps, they get added to an additional unnecessary page on your springboard. Fooled me for a while too.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Mine only does this if I have intelliscreen installed. As soon as I remove it my missing icons reappear.
    i had the same problem that things from my installer were not showing in my springboard but i uninstalled intelliscreen and another app i downloaded from installer called *appstore auto sign-out* or something along those lines then i restarted my ipod and all my apps were back.

  17. #17
    Default Unhide hidden springboard icons with BossPrefs
    I realized this belonged somewhere else. Sorry.
    Last edited by nickro; 2008-12-16 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Moved comments

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •