Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't install with cydia without getting a hang on boot

Default Can't install with cydia without getting a hang on boot
    I'm having problems installing applications with cydia. If I install an application with cydia it will hang my iphone 80 percent of the time. The only application that I have no problems installing is winterboard. Not sure whats going on here. I always give cydia time to install the app. I never cut the install off early by rebooting. After like a hour of sitting there I do a reboot. With the reboot I'm stuck at the boot screen pineapple logo. It seems like if I do NOT install any of my apple store bought apps then cydia does not seem to have a problem installing applications when there are apple store bought applications installed on the iphone? I got a 16meg 3G quickpwn'd to 2.0.2. Thanks

Having the same problems here. Pattern seems that having AppStore app's loaded, then installing through Cydia high chance of freeze - reboot - and WAD (White Apple of Death)... What I notice is that the application which Cydia froze on is not necessarily the culprit - since deleting it and rebooting doesn't cure the hang. What I have to do is delete what seems to be an arbitrary number of AppStore app's before the phone boots to Springboard. For simplicity I just delete all the app's and it boots right in. From what I can see, I can install the Cydia app's, then do a restore of the AppStore app's and things work. Will post my general error log, last one I looked at had a kernel protection fault from Cydia when the system hung forcing a hard reboot.

Cheers

Hi. I am new with the iPhone 3g and I jeilbreaked it at 2.1 firmware. It's running ok, but I have problem with Cydia too. My problem is when I try to install some app from cydia, it starts and after few minutes it says completed, but it's not actually installed. what should I do? please help
    btw my iPhone is working with turbosim.