Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: spoof 3g killed my phone dialer?

Default spoof 3g killed my phone dialer?
    So i i recently installed spoof 3g on my phone, tonight around 8PM. around 20 minutes later i attempted to make a phone call and my phone dialer would crash. I attempted to reboot it, again and again. I also uninstalled spoof, twice and tried running different winterboards etc. nothing.

Am in the process of restoring it completely. not thrilled.

Chances are, i screwed something up, but if anyone else has this issue. make it known.

Thanks

nope, i have it installed and my dialer works fine

well i had a problem where i downloaded spoof 3g and the player was working at first. than i downloaded the safari plugin that downloads zip files, etc. the spoof 3g player stop playing the recordings. so what i learned today is that some apps interfere with others. hope this helps someone.

No, he's right. After installing Spoof 3G, dialer does nothing but crashes to springboard. Terrific...another full restore....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, so many people have problems with so many apps, I guess I'm lucky to have never have been hit with this kinda thing. Btw I used this app yesterday night at work and had no problems at all.
    One more thing though; why does this go under Cydia support?

Quote Originally Posted by peteypab2133 View Post
    So i i recently installed spoof 3g on my phone, tonight around 8PM. around 20 minutes later i attempted to make a phone call and my phone dialer would crash. I attempted to reboot it, again and again. I also uninstalled spoof, twice and tried running different winterboards etc. nothing.

Am in the process of restoring it completely. not thrilled.

Chances are, i screwed something up, but if anyone else has this issue. make it known.
    man i feel ur pain. i was in ur same situation i had to restore my phone like 3 F***ing times!!!. I too have the 3g iphone with 2.0.1 firmware. I guess u jus gotta be careful with what u download becuz not everythin is not compaitble wit the 3g iphone and newer firmware just yet. das how i c it

Smile Had same problem. Kate 2.0.2 to blame !!!
    Hi folks,

I had the same problem. My iPhone 3G Dialer started crashing after I installed a bunch of apps through Cydia and Installer.

Instead of doing a full restore, I decided to backtrack my steps by uninstalling the apps one by one till I figured it was Kate 2.0.2.

I uninstalled it (via Installer) and the dialer started working

Default Right on!!!
    Had same problem, phone app crashing to springboard. I read the post above and realized that I had just installed Kate 2.0.2 before my dialer stopped working. Took your advice and BOOM! It's all good.

Thanks a-load

Had same thing happen to me but i think i only downloaded bigboss prefs with poof, HAD KATE TOO
    Last edited by my3g_gyu; 2008-10-20 at 08:32 PM. Reason: SEEN THE LIGHT

i dl winterboard, dtunes,terminal
    and a few games...my tris, rps, pool macman, mxtube,
    as well as the retro dialer and thats when i noticed my dialer not working

i donno where it went wrong cuz i dl all these in one hour and did not test the dialer until i installed the retro dialer