Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frozen Cydia and iPhone after Winterboard Install

Default Frozen Cydia and iPhone after Winterboard Install
    I just installed Winterboard through Cydia...

I've used Cydia before with no problems... running the 2.0 firmware on my 2G

the install screen has gone through all the runs, and says "Setting up winterboard (0.9.2520-2)" as the last line. I have the "working" circle spinning indefinetly, and it looks like I should be able to click the blue button at the bottom of my screen that says "Reload Springboard"

But, I can't press the button. And I can't use my "home" button to escape the program... and I can't double-Tap Home to get to my boss-prefs. And I cannot even get the phone to TURN OFF by holding down the power button.

It's been frozen like theis for thirty minutes... anyone have any ideas? I don't know what to do except maybe let the battery run-dwon and hope it's ok when I plug it in to restart?

Plug your phone into your computer and hold the power button and the home button till something happens and it will

Thanks. I was afraid that'd trigger DFU, and I didn't wanna have to restore... but it looks to be loading up nicely!!

same issue occures for me as well when i install wnterboard phone is frezz, i uninstall it and then every thing works fine

Same issue here:

tried to install winterboard, got a message about a failure when trying to overwrite the mobilesubstrate..when I clicked ok the same thing happened as mad_llib described. Scared the shh out of me at first until I rebooted and everything was fine

check out this thread:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...nterboard.html

this is what happens when the winterboard install is successfull, just a blank screen when I try to access it. It looks like the only way to fix this is to repwn and keep trying until winterboard starts to work!

okay i just re-unlocked my iphone after updating it with the newest software.I went to cydia then turn it off now it wont come back on all i get is the black screen with a loading sign and when i plug it up i get this scratching noise what do i do?