Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: md5sum mismatch

Default md5sum mismatch
    Hey I am a zodttd beta tester and I am trying to download gpsphone via cydia but when ever i do that i get the error

source error
    md5sum mismatch

does anyone know how to fix this or another place I can download the app?

I have the same issue and no one seems to have a clue about it. If you find a fix pm me and if i find it before you ill pm you.

Hi. did you found a fix for that error. i am getting the same erorr since today, i don't know why? please let me know or pm me. thanks

Thanks
    I got the same error also. While downloading Buuf2 theme i get the "MD5Sum mismatch" error too...

PM please if anyone knows how to solve this.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

A surefire way to fix this (if simply refreshing your sources doesn't do it) is to SSH in to your iPhone (or just open MobileTerminal on the iPhone) and run apt-get update. That should fix it.

Issues can also arise if the same app is in multiple repos.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    A surefire way to fix this (if simply refreshing your sources doesn't do it) is to SSH in to your iPhone (or just open MobileTerminal on the iPhone) and run apt-get update. That should fix it.

Issues can also arise if the same app is in multiple repos.
    Hi Poetic Folly,
    I am trying to download your Lost theme from Cydia. I am getting this error. I have run apt-get update from my Mac via SSH and this updated all repo's fine (i get a Permission denied error using this command in mobile terminal from the phone for some reason??) but I'm still getting the same error. Is it possible to download this theme using my MacBook and transfer the theme manually via Fugu? If so how would I do this?

Thanks

Kris

Default md5sum mismatch
    source error
    md5sum mismatch

It is a error where the .deb package md5sum (id) does not mach the md5sum listed in the Packages file in the repo. For example Cydia reads the Packages file and sees etc.deb with md5sum of 1abcd1 and when it is trying to download it etc.deb file has md5sum of 2abcd2. The Packages and Packages.bz2 have to be updated so it matches with the new version of the file. I'm sure they will fix it soon if it's on their side. This could happen also in cases that poetic_folly just listed.
    Last edited by Winterboarder; 2009-01-31 at 02:43 AM.

Thanks
    I guess they fixed it. Cos I tried to download buuf2 again yesterday, and I had no errors this time.

Yeah I tried it again last night and it worked.

had buff2 version 2.... something installed
    yesterday...cydia said that there was an update buuf 2 version 3.0...d/l it....md5 mismatch error....
    removed earlier version...restarted....no go..
    now i cant install buff2 at all...
    any suggestions ??

Contact the repo admin about it. it's a mismatch between the Package file and the theme .deb file.

i have this problem also when i try to update buuf2 and some of you guys are saying it works now but not for me.

I'm also getting the same error trying to update Buuf2 in Cydia.
    How can this be fixed ?? please anyone ?

I've had this issue with the Buuf2 V3 ever since that update was posted. And it still doesn't work. I didn't try uninstalling the one i had precisely because i was afraid that it wouldn't fix it and then i won't be able to get any version installed. So for now i'm stuck with v2. But this has got to be fixed.
    Doesn't the author check the stats? I'm guessing nobody would be able to download the theme, right? Its not just us? If so - then the download stats should show something...
    How do we contact him/her?

Default MD5 Sum Mismatch Buff2
    There is hope, after trying to get buff2 3.0 off of Cydia for the last few days, today I decided that I was just going to keep trying back to back and finally just got it to work! Good to have my buuf back

No such luck for me :-(
    Went into Cydia today and was told there were 12 updates and one essential. Updated everything including OpenSSL and OpenSSH.
    Buuf 3.0 still fails with the same message.
    Does anyone know where Cydia downloads are stored? Maybe if i purge whatever is there...

Quote Originally Posted by kompuntu View Post
    No such luck for me :-(
    Went into Cydia today and was told there were 12 updates and one essential. Updated everything including OpenSSL and OpenSSH.
    Buuf 3.0 still fails with the same message.
    Does anyone know where Cydia downloads are stored? Maybe if i purge whatever is there...
    Still not working for me either. Not sure what good it will do (new to this whole scene ) but I e-mailed the author. *shrug*

well well well. So few days gao my iPhone got stolen.
    Well, not really stolen, but snatched from my hands on the subway in Brooklyn.
    I ran after that dude, but he's big black kid, about 6'2'' so there's no way i could've caught him.
    So anyways, yesterday i got a new iphone. Reinstalled everything and first think i tried after installing Winterboard was to get Buuf2 theme. Same old MD5 Sum Mismatch
    On a brand new phone. So its definitely NOT the problem with the phone, but with the package/repo...
    Just waiting for someone to fix this.

I just SSH'd into the phone and placed the Buuf2 download from this site in the themes directory and it worked like a charm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast