Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia Problems.. FW 2.0.1

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Cydia Problems.. FW 2.0.1
    I just pawnd my firmware to 2.0.1 wid jst cydia n youtube fix..(with installer not able to pwn..)

    I try to install open ssh through the featured packages but it gives me error that i do not have it in the resources..

    Exact Error : The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

    Please can some1 help me with this..

    i jst check da sources already installed and i only have

    BigBoss's Source,
    Saurik's Source,
    Ste's Source,
    ZodTTD's Source

    I accidently deleted mmi source also want to know how to get it back..
    Last edited by umair9001; 2008-08-11 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #2
    I have the same problem!!

    Not just with openssh i get the Exact Error with nes and bossprefs and winterboard too!! : The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator Zwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,633
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 764 Times in 591 Posts

    Go to Manage> Sources> Edit> Add> put the sources in there.

  4. #4
    This has nothing to do with adding more sources!!!

    It was working just fine the first time i pwned my iphone it just happend when i restored it again!! all the sources are there but i get this error msg The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

    ok found the fix!! the first thing to do is restore and when ur done dont sync ur iphone yet!! got to cydia and install the upgrade!! and then ur all done!!
    Last edited by sdiabos; 2008-08-12 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to sdiabos For This Useful Post:

    fiugzel (2008-08-12)

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sdiabos View Post
    This has nothing to do with adding more sources!!!

    It was working just fine the first time i pwned my iphone it just happend when i restored it again!! all the sources are there but i get this error msg The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

    ok found the fix!! the first thing to do is restore and when ur done dont sync ur iphone yet!! got to cydia and install the upgrade!! and then ur all done!!
    have to try this out..

    m gone crazy pawning the fone again n again..lol..



    but i keep doing it till i get it right..will reach hme n give it a try..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Go to Manage> Sources> Edit> Add> put the sources in there.
    the cydia isnt the upgraded one..plus i havent got any update notification as well..

    otherwise i would have not have had any issues..
    Last edited by umair9001; 2008-08-12 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sdiabos View Post
    This has nothing to do with adding more sources!!!

    It was working just fine the first time i pwned my iphone it just happend when i restored it again!! all the sources are there but i get this error msg The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

    ok found the fix!! the first thing to do is restore and when ur done dont sync ur iphone yet!! got to cydia and install the upgrade!! and then ur all done!!
    The OP asked about adding sources.

    Anyway, what you did wasn't a fix. The fix was to wait half an hour for the package / source to come back online
    To live, you have to lie

  8. #7
    i got the problem with Cydia as well. but it was like, download the packages..for ages, and then nothing show up, at first i thought it was because of my phone, i restored it and the problem was still there. Now i can't even update my cydia, don't know what's wrong...i even tried restore it back to 2.0 but the problem still happens. Anybody has this problem ?

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i finally got it solved..

    I reacreated a custom IPSW and with all default options and partition size 700MB..

    Then after restoring i did not sync it to itunes as sdiabos said earlier..and walla i got all the updates and everything and the firmware is working fine..topclass..

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sdiabos View Post
    I have the same problem!!

    Not just with openssh i get the Exact Error with nes and bossprefs and winterboard too!! : The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources.
    Same, I get it with about half the items in Cydia. Items that appear on the featured page don't appear when looking through the sections, and while the sources all appear to be there I'm guessing that for some reason it can't connect to them.

    1. Upgraded to 2.02 (damn Apple charging us Touch owners again). Used WinPwn on default settings. Sync'd with iTunes then tried Cydia. No good.

    2. Run WinPwn in expert mode, followed the settings recommended in the BigBoss guide. Sync'd with iTunes then tried Cydia. No good.

    3. Same again but without Syncing with iTunes (as recommended here). No good.

    4. Tried a new IPSW with everything else off except Cydia (no installer, no youtube activation etc), didn't sync with iTunes. Still no good.

    Now I'm sort of lost for ideas. I'm thinking of downgrading to 2.01 and hoping it makes a difference. Whats weird is that Installer seemed to work fine, safari and mail were all good so I don't think its a Wifi issue.

    Also, people talk about Cydia ugrading itself, mine has never asked to. Also, when I look at the Telesomething source under sources is shows no appications under it, so I'm guessing there should be some there. I've been trying this over the past few days so I don't just think its a server temporarily down.

    Any ideas???

  11. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tallulal La
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    You have to update to 2.0.2 then jailbreak your iPhone then install cydia now it will work better than 2.0.2 than it did on 2.0.1

  12. #11
    I have 2.02, I went straight to that from 1.15. I'm thinking of trying 2.01 just because I've run out of ideas, but everything I tried above was 2.02.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ArranH View Post
    Same, I get it with about half the items in Cydia. Items that appear on the featured page don't appear when looking through the sections, and while the sources all appear to be there I'm guessing that for some reason it can't connect to them.

    1. Upgraded to 2.02 (damn Apple charging us Touch owners again). Used WinPwn on default settings. Sync'd with iTunes then tried Cydia. No good.

    2. Run WinPwn in expert mode, followed the settings recommended in the BigBoss guide. Sync'd with iTunes then tried Cydia. No good.

    3. Same again but without Syncing with iTunes (as recommended here). No good.

    4. Tried a new IPSW with everything else off except Cydia (no installer, no youtube activation etc), didn't sync with iTunes. Still no good.

    Now I'm sort of lost for ideas. I'm thinking of downgrading to 2.01 and hoping it makes a difference. Whats weird is that Installer seemed to work fine, safari and mail were all good so I don't think its a Wifi issue.

    Also, people talk about Cydia ugrading itself, mine has never asked to. Also, when I look at the Telesomething source under sources is shows no appications under it, so I'm guessing there should be some there. I've been trying this over the past few days so I don't just think its a server temporarily down.

    Any ideas???
    I have the exact same problem as ArranH. I'm having this problem for almost a week now. When I go to sources, no apps are showing in either BigBoss sources or Telesphoreo and STE.

    Previously when I was on FW 2.1, I had problems on installing apps from BigBoss. No apps are showing at all that comes from that source. But the weird thing is Telesphoreo and STE sources show apps. I was able to install Winterboard since it is from Telesphoreo (saurik's) source.

    Then I figured I have to downgrade to 2.0.2. Then another weird thing happened... I'm UNABLE to install apps from Telesphoreo and STE but I am NOW ABLE to install apps from BigBoss!!? Then when I went back to 2.1 NOW I am able to install apps from BigBoss but apps from STE and Telesphorero still won't show!!!!!!

    What the hell is happening.. I am seriously going crazy here. Can someone help us on this Cydia ("cannot locate package" source issue)?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •