Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia bzip2 error

Default Cydia bzip2 error
    I've got a 1st gen iPhone running 2.0 that I installed with winpwn. When I try to add a source in Cydia (any source) I get the following error..."Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)". I went in to manage the existing packages and reinstalled bzip2, rebooted and that still didn't solve the problem. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I'm fairly new to this whole thing. Thanks!

Same behavior with Cydia here as well. Anyone have a clue on how to get around this Cydia error?

Ive been seeing the same error in Cydia for a week or so. That being said, everything appears to be working fine. I havent had any issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Ive been seeing the same error in Cydia for a week or so. That being said, everything appears to be working fine. I havent had any issues.
    it might be cause of faulty sources..or network issues..once i had this issue i rebooted my net connection n walla it was fine..

i still do get these errors but as long as i get the changes page updated i dont worry abt em..

im gettin same error im runnin 2.0.2 though?

Default Cydia bzyp2 errors
    hy all,
    i'm getting the same error messages, fw 2.2.1 , cydia 4.1.
    everything seems to work well..

maybe virus get popular on iphone ?
    hope not my friends, that could use memory to run anti-solutions

maybe the bzip app should be updated?
    i'm not to familiar with the iphone's os or hardware limitations and or restrictions nor i would like to install apps and configure them by shell, should I?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I was told by a friend that bzip was part of the source form macCiti, which is having a problem. Just passing it on, not sure.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-03-21 at 05:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bzip missing from /usr/bin/!
    There should be a bzip or bzip2 file in the "/usr/bin/" directory. It was probably deleted by something. See my snapshot taken from iFunbox.

View it best in full size.

Could somebody with the files upload them to mediafire and give us a link?

I REALLY want to get some new repos on my iPhone.

I am having the same problem. Something with Bzip2 and Ispazio repository now. It has troubles adding new mods to the list. Could I not just reinstall Bzip2 or do I need to download another zip program like Gzip before i can do that??