Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost Boss Prefs and Poof with last update

Default Lost Boss Prefs and Poof with last update
    Hey this is my first post, I first wanna say thanks to everyone involved in putting all these programs out.

Well here is my issue. I installed Boss Prefs/Poof/Customize and everything was working fine until today's updates. Lemme explain my Boss Prefs setup as well. I access BossPrefs via the double-tapping of home button. I have (had) Poof/Customize/Settings (the native Settings App) on the Dock in BossPrefs. I Poof'd the BossPrefs icon on the Springboard (Big Mistake), so the only way to access it was from double-tapping home button... Well after the updates today, BossPrefs is not working with the home button, and Poof is no longer accessable. I know this is due to the way I had it setup. Pretty much BossPrefs is locking me out of Poof, and BossPrefs isn't accessible due to it not being on my Springboard.

In conclusion, I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting/installing one of the programs at a time/etc. I think that Poof makes some changes to some Springboard configuration files or something, because even when I uninstall/reboot, all my Poof'd icons are still hidden (including BossPrefs lol...) So if anyone knows any workaround, or files I can edit via SSH, etc. It would be much appreciated, if not I'll just restore the phone.

Also a side question, can I backup my jailbroken iPhone via itunes and use it to restore at a later time- jailbroken again? Thanks.

-Chris

Thanks
    I'm having the exact same problem, Chris, and I've attempted all of the solutions you mentioned (e.g., uninstall/reinstall/reboot/etc...), but with no success. I'm guessing other people have run into this problem too, so hopefully someone will be able to figure out a fix.

-Jonathan

As long as you can still launch Cydia from the springboard I'd just install one of the launcher apps in cydia. Appflow, GLauncher, or Launcher (or XLaunch on 1.1.4). From those you should be able to open BossPrefs again.

@ironicirony:
    Gonna try that right now, I feel dumb for not thinking about that, but it was probably blindness from frustration! =] If it does work (which I will post if it does) than I can say I actually have a use for those programs, when I first saw them, I was wondering why someone would use them (the launcher programs).

@gandalfgreen:
    I checked out sleepers.net, which is Bigboss's website, and if you click on comments on his post about this version that messed us up, he is aware of the problem: In response to a question about the problem we are experiencing; "Wow, you’re right. Springboard refuses to launch via double tap a restricted app. Thanks for noticing this. I will have to consider how to work around it (if possible)." So that's great he is aware of it and should get a fix up soon =]

Well gonna try the coverflow launcher, it should work!

Thanks for the responses guys.

Problem solved. Thanks alot, much appreciated!
    Last edited by digichris; 2008-08-03 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone know why you cant add more than two things to boss prefs dock? it lets you add them, but when you open boss prefs, you cannot slide across the dock to view the rest of whats on there, like previous versions of boss prefs

I had the same issue, but I figured it out, you just have to place your finger in between the icons to be able to slide to see the other apps. Don't touch the actual icons and then try to move it.

Exclamation Bossprefs AND cydia/installer hidden
    Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    As long as you can still launch Cydia from the springboard I'd just install one of the launcher apps in cydia. Appflow, GLauncher, or Launcher (or XLaunch on 1.1.4). From those you should be able to open BossPrefs again.
    Unlike the others having this issue I also have cydia and even the setting app hidden because I was using a launcher with those icons inside it.

I do not have access to cydia or bossprefs.

any ideas on how I can get these icons back?

Thank you for any help you can afford.

Jay