Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 2.0 crashing after latest update

yea, ive had the "fine tuning" my phone to death problem too! at first i was going to say an apple drone iphone is how it was meant to be and all these problems with jailbreak are not worth losing the functionality of my phone. i took 1 last stab with winpwn 2.5... the process was so legit i felt like it was an apple created process. only prob i have now is after the winterboard upgrade i did yesterday, it erased everything i themed out. now i cant get it back cuz cydia posix's everything. on the edge of just giving up... i never have had to spend so much time/research/downloading with/for a device that was supposed to make my day a bit easier... i would only miss the 5 dock, cycorder, infected mushroom sounds, illuminated + buuf2 themes so im holding on by a string

my cydia is broken too.. is there a cydia.app that i could just download and replace on the phone or is it more complicated than that?

neox:

I'll try and detail my steps, but they are pretty simple.

1. I restored my iPhone to factory settings and then updated to firmware 2.0.2.
    2. Then when the updated pwnagetool came out for Mac, I used it and went through all the steps again listed in the guide.
    3. After pwning my phone, I turned it on and tried cydia. I was expecting it to mess up again, but I was pleasantly surprised and have been thankful ever since.

Wifi: Well I moved back into my dorm this past week. Since it is a different network than my home, I was willing to try getting into my phone again. And yet again I was pleasantly surprised.

The only thing that sucks right now is that my NES roms won't save and I don't know how to fix that problem. But I am still happy to have the full potential of my iphone.

Ihave the same problem any solution, please help

@shockme:
    what firmware are you on??
    do you have installer?

you can manually insert Cydia, but it's a pain....

my firmware 2.02, tried installer but fail can't install

Quote Originally Posted by bearbear1982 View Post
    i had the same problem. I manage to reinstall Cydia by using mobile terminal / putty from ur pc.. ssh to iphone n run apt-get remove cydia
    after tht just run apt-get install cydia again

it makes my other application's not working, but i think is just the issue of permissions that has to be corrected.

feel free to try.
    Nice, worked for me too, thanks!
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Quote Originally Posted by rexian View Post
    Hi,

I had Cydia working for last several days but after last update (2 nights ago), whenever I start Cydia, it crashes and I'm back to the home screen.

I remember it happening when I was on 1.1.4 and had to change the permission over SSH. So, I tried changing the permission of Cydia.app directory (and its contents) to 755 and then later to 775 with no gain. I also tried changing the ownership to root:wheel, mobile:mobile and then back to admin:admin without much change in behavior.

Is there a way I can install Cydia manually after wiping it out from /Applications ? Thanks for any comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbear1982 View Post
    i had the same problem. I manage to reinstall Cydia by using mobile terminal / putty from ur pc.. ssh to iphone n run apt-get remove cydia
    after tht just run apt-get install cydia again

it makes my other application's not working, but i think is just the issue of permissions that has to be corrected.

feel free to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by neox View Post
    bearbear---

Could you please explain how you installed Cydia manually??.... where do you place all those files/folders?? please advise on 'how to'. thanks

I am getting "undetermined error' when i load Cydia...
    good news Lproxy5!!... i was about to send you a message to use Iphone Tunnel Suite. I used it yesterday and it worked for me!.. I needed OpenSSH/SSL installed; that was the key.

But Cydia is still broke.. same issue as yours... dont want to update to 2.0.2 yet...
    I think i installed BSD Subsytem after installing Cydia; and i read it will corrupt some files Cydia uses....

Need to find a fix!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shockme17 View Post
    my cydia is broken too.. is there a cydia.app that i could just download and replace on the phone or is it more complicated than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lprox5 View Post
    neox:

I'll try and detail my steps, but they are pretty simple.

1. I restored my iPhone to factory settings and then updated to firmware 2.0.2.
    2. Then when the updated pwnagetool came out for Mac, I used it and went through all the steps again listed in the guide.
    3. After pwning my phone, I turned it on and tried cydia. I was expecting it to mess up again, but I was pleasantly surprised and have been thankful ever since.

Wifi: Well I moved back into my dorm this past week. Since it is a different network than my home, I was willing to try getting into my phone again. And yet again I was pleasantly surprised.

The only thing that sucks right now is that my NES roms won't save and I don't know how to fix that problem. But I am still happy to have the full potential of my iphone.
    @shockme:
    what firmware are you on??
    do you have installer?

you can manually insert Cydia, but it's a pain....
    I am still on 1.1.4.
    I wanted to backup my SMS & Notes etc before going to any 2.x
    I found that I would need some iSMS or MySMS etc some Apps for that.
    My Cydia was "painfully" old with the Purple Gold Icon, so in the process of upgrading Cydia to the new "Brown on White" Icon I found that now Cydia window will start and go back to the Home screen a second after being started.

What should I do to FIX CYDIA? or / and BACKUP SMSes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12