Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing via Cydia breaks App Store apps

Default Installing via Cydia breaks App Store apps
    Hi all,

Every time I install something vie Cydia (terminal, poof), some of my app store apps start crashing. If I uninstall the app store apps and reinstall them, everything works fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Ben

never had the problem. did you set up your phone as a new phone? or did you restore a back up?

I set up as a new phone. It happens every time I install or uninstall something. Perhaps I should just do it all again with the new pwn release?

B

on a semi related note: when you pwn do you HAVE to set it as a new phone? what about all your data such as contacts, sms, etc....? because cydia keeps crashing and I have pwned my phone 3 times now to 2.0

I've had this problem but I just turned off and rebooted the phone and it works fine.

I've had this same problem. Turning the phone off then back on didn't work, but uninstalling the Appstore apps and reinstalling did.

I'm hoping someone has a fix to this. Maybe it's similar to Mail crashing and it's a permissions thing?

Quote Originally Posted by bgunsberger View Post
    Hi all,

Every time I install something vie Cydia (terminal, poof), some of my app store apps start crashing. If I uninstall the app store apps and reinstall them, everything works fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Ben
    dude, this is happening to me and I don't even have a jailbroken phone. It's a 2.0 problem. I thought everyone knew that and has had it happen to them.

Default App Store Crash
    I agree, it's a app store problem. On numerous occasions, the appstore apps seems to crash mid-way through startup. I don't have cydia