Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Mac

Thanks

lol Copu and Paste on macs is funny
    EDM

its different il agree... but they have the same sort cut as Windows.. but instead of CTRL+C,V,X it's Command + CVX

And right click is using Control.. on a Laptop MB

BUt you get used to it

Thanks

In other words, Harder.
    EDM

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post
    Hey, I have a mac as well.
    I jailbroke with ziPhone, and use Cyberduck for ssh-ing.
    pwnage for macs to pwn, of course.

Otherwise those two programs do everything I need them to.

Actually, don't forget terminal (Applications/Utilities) To ssh through terminal type this:
    ssh root@[iPod IP address]
    Thats exactly what I use, but don't understand terminal at all. just got my macbook last month so still learning. great computer, but a huge diffrence from windows. One thing I miss is CUT and paste, not copy and paste then erase.

So how do you cut and paste?
    Last edited by jarthurs1981; 2008-04-04 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Just read newer post

Thanks

iLiberty, iPwn, Pwnage.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

I'm a cyberduck user.

And I was already on 1.1.4 with ziphone but I redid it with a custom firmware I made in iPwnage and installed it through iTunes. It was a breeze. Also from the looks of it uses less space...

What so good about this Pwnage? Like all you get is a different logo when booting up?

Ps. I downloaded, indepence and cyber duck Haven't tried CD yet tho

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yetti12 View Post
    What so good about this Pwnage? Like all you get is a different logo when booting up?

Ps. I downloaded, indepence and cyber duck Haven't tried CD yet tho
    you just dont understand the power of Pwnage. It can do so many things. AND you dont have to use another program to to anything to it. All you have to do is make your custom frimware upgrade, use iTunes to update your phone using your custom frimware upgrade(ipsw) and you keep everything you had on your phone +more. So say you unlocked it and have some other stuff on your iPhone, when you upgrade you get to keep all that.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

I remember my first mac.. LCII w00t piza box formtype.. 2 mb of ram,, 12 mhz if I remember correctly.. and an awsome 256 colors.. lol.. now I have an iphone and an e-machine running linux.. meh,, needs ta gets me a mac as well.

Thanks

Hm, maybe a couple $1000 and I will be a MacBook Pro man.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks

Welcome to the Mac Family!
    Its great

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    In other words, Harder.
    Fail.

@ Zeal

i think its funny when people try to defend the Windows platform..
    and HARDER to figure out Mac? n00b..

^_^

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

A little tip for the right click and scrolling: use two fingers. Make sure you set this up in your system preferences. I LOVE the cmd + spacebar to open up spotlight, and then you can type whatever. So cmd + space then type system and click on system preferences then go to mouse and keyboard and you can setup right click = 2 fingers, and 2 fingers will scroll.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    .................................................. ............................... .......,-~~'''''''~~--,,_
    .................................................. ..................................,-~''-,:::::::::::::::::::''-,
    .................................................. .............................,~''::::::::',::::::: ::::::::::::',
    .................................................. .............................|::::::,-~'''___''''~~--~''':}
    .................................................. .............................'|::::: : : : : : : : : : : : : :
    .................................................. .............................|::::: : :-~~---: : : -----: |
    .................................................. ............................(_''~-': : : :0: : : :0: : :
    .................................................. .............................'''~-,|: : : : : : ~---': : : :,'--mac Suck
    .................................................. .................................|,: : : : : :-~~--: : ::/ ----- They Is Fails
    .................................................. ............................,-''\':: :'~,,_: : : : : _,-'
    .................................................. ......................__,-';;;;;:''-,: : : :'~---~''/|
    .................................................. .............__,-~'';;;;;;/;;;;;;;: :: : :____/: :',__
    .................................................. .,-~~~''''_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',. .''-,::::::. . |;;;;''-,__
    ................................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;. . .''|:::::::. .,';;;;;;;;;;''-,
    ................................................,' ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;. . .:::::,'. ./|;;;;;;;;;;;;;|
    .............................................,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',: : __|. . .|;;;;;;;;;,';;|
    ...........................................,-";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;;; . . |::. . .'',;;;;;;;;|;;/
    ........................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;. .|::. . . |;;;;;;;;|/
    ......................................../;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;; ;;;|. .:/. . . .|;;;;;;;;|
    ......................................./;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;'',: |;|. . . . ;;;;;;;|
    ....................................,~'';;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|.|;|. . . . .|;;;;;;;|
    ................................,~'';;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;| |. . . . |;;;;;;;|
    ...............................,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;/;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;| |. . . .'|;;',;;;;;|
    ..............................|;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-';;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;| |. . .,';;;;;',;;;;|_
    ............................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'_;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;; ;|.|. . .|;;;;;;;|;;;;|''''~-,
    ............................/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/_'',;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ,;;| |. . ./;;;;;;;;|;;;|;;;;;;|
    LOL MAN. This just proves that Windows users are stupid! That doesn't even make sence "They is fails"
    Macs are WAY better.
    Had mine for like 4 months and I'm loving it! They are so stable, no viruses, way better performance, and all the best iPhone software for jailbreaking, etc. comes out on mac first! And so much more...
    I don't think I'll buy a PC again. xD

Mind you, I do use boot camp with Windows XP, but I have only just switched over and there is still stuff I use on Windows. I only use it every now and then. I use Mac the most.

Good move man.
    Hope you living the Mac life now and loving everything about it.

I use ZiPhone and Pwned on mine and Cyberduck and Terminal to SSH.

Zeal. Good luck with Windows.
    You'll need it. LOL
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

What are some good Mac programs that i should get? For Free

I pretty much have what originally came with the computer, except for msn, and indepence.

Also: Does anyone know how to do the web cam thing on msn? Do i need Adium? or Use iChat? When i try iChat there's no Msn option...
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-09 at 06:05 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

definitely grab a copy of parallels desktop if you still use windows for anything. Boot camp is cool but u can only run one OS at a time. Windows runs better on my mac pro than any pc box I've ever built or used
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

I heard and read that VMware Fusion is much better? Also i don't know if i should bother putting Windows on my Mac.. I already have a Laptop and Desktop running windows.

Would any of you guys recommend Torrents for windows Xp and VMware Fusion, if i were to decide?

Also what are some other good programs/software i shoudl get? Any necessary ones out there?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

mac come with pretty much all the software youll ever need. For 3rd pary, I use VisualHub to convert video files to whatever format I need. Azureus is a good torrents program. VLC can play just about any video format.

I also recommend you find the Serial Box (google for it on the web). to get the serials for just about any mac program out there.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

I googled it brought me to a site.. they have Iserialreader 2.0?

No Warez

Which one do i choose? And is it really worth it? Do they actually work?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-04-10 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Warez

Be careful talking about serialz and such on public forums. The Mods wonts like it.

Aside from that welcome to Mac world! I honestly used to purchase 1 or 2 PC's a year for one reason or another. I bought a Mac Book Pro in November of 2006 and havent bought another computer since! I really love my Mac. I'm not a fan boy and I still have my desktop PC but the Mac is just such a friendlier environment to work in. I really enjoy using it.

I have VMware Fusion and Parallels with Vista and XP installed on my Mac believe it or not. We still need Windows. And like someone said, they run better on the Mac then they do my Dell. Go figure.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-04-09 at 11:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast