Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Craigslist!! Beware!

Default Craigslist!! Beware!
    Have you guys checked out Craigslist lately? People are trying to buy "bricked" iPhones for "Testing/Research"... I am assuming that they want to buy the phones from people who don't know much about them, the ones that updated to 1.1.1 by mistake and THINK their phone is useless now. So be careful!!! Your phone may not actually be bricked and you're going to get ripped off!! My friend had a iPhone that his girl friend updated to 1.1.1 and he thought that it was obsolete so i restored it to 1.0.2 so he was able to have a normal phone for AT&T and he was able to sell it to someone for retail.

Thanks

a least it isnt apple,buying them back

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    a least it isnt apple,buying them back
    lol yea at least
     Think Different

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm.... I haven't seen those kind of posts yet, but thanks for the heads up. Thankfully I don't know anyone with a "bricked" phone.

Sometimes I think that if you think your iPhone is bricked, you shouldn't have one anyways..
    =D

x0bry7x

Hmmm....seems I'm one of those 'Bad' people you painted with such a broad brush. I posted in our Buy/Sell forum looking for a software "bricked" phone.

You see, some people actually WISH to contribute to development rather than just leech off the fruits of other people's labors. So I needed to have a phone that currently had the problems that people were experiencing.

I can't say to what these people in 'Craigslist' were saying, but what I wanted to do was to actually help in development.

For someone who only has 20 posts and has contributed little to this board, you seem to know an awful lot about other people's motivations.
    The Cake Is A LIE!