Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PSP people..... I know you are here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default PSP people..... I know you are here

Hey PSP guys, I have owned a PSP for about 2 yrs that I bought brand new. It was the big entertainment pack with the movie, game, and a 1gb pro stick. I added about $800 worth of brand new UMD's to it the same month I got it, as well as many new accessories. Before I used it, I took it out of the box and put it in a clear hard shell, so it has never seen open air.

I finally cracked it open yesterday and BAM.... still got that new PSP smell Never seen open air, still looks like the PSP I have a grand invested in. ...but at least it stayed nice and perfect, right? I upgraded it to the latest firmware since the features looked very appealing and I wouldn't even THINK about homebrew on this particular PSP.

HEEEERRRRREEEE's where the story changes, since you now know where I am from on the psp. Today I bought a used PSP! I decided I wanted to try homebrew and it wasn't gonna happen on my "big" psp. It's an older fat psp, and I do not have it in hand (being shipped tomorrow) so I am unaware of the firmware, but I know it is not the latest so I should be ok to downgrade. I have the instructions on how to make a Pandora's battery and I have my 1gb pro stick from my big psp. I have no idea how to use the pandora's battery, but I'll get that info......

NOW, I want to downgrade this little used PSP and homebrew it. I am looking specifically to run my NES roms, and I'll then start playing with skins and icons + whatever else is cool.

Who's got the info I need to get started on downgrade, homebrew, and NES emulator? One good turn deserves another, so I'll have your back here for something you need one day

This is the one I "have real money in". It gets expensive when you buy it all brand new. (like I did )

Last edited by one1; 2007-10-05 at 04:39 AM.

digitalkid56
    Do some research on psp-hacks.com

Thanks

While that mildly helps I am looking for the names of the programs I need to DL.

you fail by paying money for umbs torrent them then put them on the memory stick
    when you find out what firmware it is tellme

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s2k View Post
    you fail by paying money for umbs torrent them then put them on the memory stick
    Homebrew began in may of 2005, as indicated above I bought my PSP over 2 yrs ago. It wasn't even being spoken about much at the time as it had JUST came out that month. Homebrew was a twinkle in an unstable operating systems eye and PSP's were dropping like flies. I bought UMD's that month to save my new investment.

I made the right choice

Heres some pictures i just took of my psp with my iphone

Iam running custom firmware so no updates needed to play new games/movies. I have free psx games on it and snes nes genisis nes GBA GBC GB, custom icons backrounds sounds related to gears of war

I love my psp. Nes on the iphone is one of the main reason i bought the damn things, that it having potential just like the psp.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thats a lot of money into your psp... I got my psp 2 years ago but rarely play it maybe 3 times max of it whole life
     Think Different

Thanks

Heres some pictures i just took of my psp with my iphone

Iam running custom firmware so no updates needed to play new games/movies. I have free psx games on it and snes nes genisis nes GBA GBC GB, custom icons backrounds sounds related to gears of war

Yeah, that's where I'm heading with the little one coming. This is all my PSP knows how to do LOL...................

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had a PSP. I bought it in October 2005 and sold it in January 2007 because I got bored of it.

It came with firmware 1.52 and then some weeks later Sony had released 2.0. At that time I didn't know anything about homebrew.

Then later I found out about homebrew and playing ISO's. So I had to wait until they found a way to downgrade to 1.50.

I remeber the day when the TIFF exploit was found in the image viewer, it was a happy day, hahaha.

Then Sony released 2.01 to fix the exploit, they didn't add any new features, just the fix. And thats how it had been all the time.

Sony kept on releasing updates with new features (camera, RSS, PS1 emulator) to try and make people update, but the hackers always were a step ahead and were able to crack the firmware, and even made custom firmwares.

The PSP days were good, which is why I bought an iPhone. It has great possibilities if we can unlock the true power.

I got my PSP on the launch day (March 24, 2005) and used it pretty good for a year, but for the past year and a half it's barely been touched..

I'm thinking I need to sell it (along with my PS2 and my Game Boy Advance)...

Thanks

I bought one on launch day as well, and ebay'd it about 6 months later. Just didn't play it enough to be worth-while I guess. Sometimes I wish I still had one.....

I just whipped out my PSP to update and post this! It's a pain to type on!

Last edited by Dash-2; 2007-10-05 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks

OMG I know it is the WORST. I'd rather try pecking on my Palm Treo than "surfing" through the cryptic buttons, letters trying to form a word on the PSP browser.

Like..... scroll over to the correct button click the left L1 button, rotate the gyro thumb button in a circle twice, double tap the right arrow, click the sequence square, triangle, triangle, circle, up, up, left R1...........Congratulations! You inserted an "A"!! ..............

I keep my psp for nostalgic purposes

Where else can you emulate full speed snes nes gb gbc genisis psx and n64 at slow assss speed

All this on the go too with the right buttons on the rght place

just sold my old psp and bought the slim. Was never into hacking it but at the time when I bought the first one they were turning into bricks left and right. The slim is nice, played it maybe twice and now it just sits there. But its cool to be able to use the UMD's on TV now. It doesn't feel like a total loss when I go buy a UMD movie anymore
    Really?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s2k View Post

I can sell you my modded psp with about 40 games, pm if intrested

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

go check out the dcemu page on the psp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woox View Post
    I can sell you my modded psp with about 40 games, pm if intrested
    OK I just said I had one I had a grand in and now I have two as this thread was to indicate I bought another, why on gods earth would I need 3?? LOL.

Use the battery method it is fail safe. How to use the battery - first you must create your magic stick and re-flash your battery. Remember to make sure it is fully charged. Next after you have done all that put he mem stick in and put the battery in next. I will bring you to a screen and it will ask you if you want to back up our nad. This is a must select yes. Now it will ask you if you want to downgrade to the magic firmware 1.50. Now your done. Google the rest and you will have a homebrew psp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast