Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Senior Advisor

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Was there ever a charter made for Purple User Group? Like there is (official or unofficial) for Gold? Just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Like there is (official or unofficial) for Gold? Just curious.
    I wasn't aware that there were any special perimeters (official or unofficial) that I may have missed for Gold status. Please inform me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I wasn't aware that there were any special perimeters (official or unofficial) that I may have missed for Gold status. Please inform me.
    I was told early on.. Gold required nomination of at least 3 other Gold members. That info came came to me from someone on moderation team. Forget which one of you told me. But I sure didn't make it up. I thought MJ also said that only Kyle and other Purple Group members could nominate (and 2nd) new purples.. All news to you, Bo?

Never heard any of this before

No worries, it's not that big of deal.

But seeing we're on the subject, can one of you mods make NewD gold, I think he deserves it.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Yup, news to me and I have been a mod here for over 6 years.
    Here is Kyle's post for this group. http://modmyi.com/forums/chit-chat/8...ml#post7068319

Thanks

Perhaps we need a new group.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I was told early on.. Gold required nomination of at least 3 other Gold members. That info came came to me from someone on moderation team. Forget which one of you told me. But I sure didn't make it up. I thought MJ also said that only Kyle and other Purple Group members could nominate (and 2nd) new purples.. All news to you, Bo?
    Gold only requires one nomination from another gold member from what I know. Never heard this rule of 3. Can also be added at the discretion of a moderator if that moderator thinks they qualify for gold status. Other than that there is no official guideline for adding members to gold user group. Moderator discretion.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-10), Broomhead (2015-03-10)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard of purple group, but I'm oblivious to gold. Can someone point me in the direction of that thread?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Can someone point me in the direction of that thread?
    There is no thread about Gold status.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no thread about Gold status.
    Might be why I've never heard of it then, I suppose. Lol

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Gold status is given to Top Notch theme creators, modders, coders etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-03-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Was there ever a charter made for Purple User Group?
    No charter lol. You are in the wrong forum if charters and rules laid out explicitly to deal with every scenario are available. Just not how we do things here. What you see in the first post of this thread is as much a guideline that you guys need to go by regarding purple group. We have a rough guideline in staff about it for us moderators, pretty much echoing first post here but in a little more detail, but again nothing concrete. Moderator discretion. Let's just say in regard to purple group that moderator discretion needs to be a little more thought out and strict. In this case I see no reason why anyone would disagree with MJ's nomination, kind of a no brainer, which is why there was really no extra time or thought that had to go into it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-10)

Default Senior Advisor
    Edit
    Last edited by chevymusclecar; 2015-03-10 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks

Understood to all. Thanks for the clarifications, Bo, Simon & Broomhead.

Default Senior Advisor
    Kyle Matthews and I spent a long time going back-and-forth via email talking about with the purple user group should be. Kyle and I and the moderators worked very closely to get this user group created in the first place. We agreed that it should be kept small as to truly honor those that become Purple Users. True "senior advisors" There were some stipulations put into effect via email. Some of these are loose guidelines, but some of these are pretty hard coded. Essentially , the nomination to any user to become one of the purple user group must come from within The purple user group. Random people cannot simply nominate people to join the group. While It does not take multiple nominations, however, if there are objections, within the purple user group, then it's not a "one and done" thing. As the first post of this thread entails, there are several criteria which need to be met for anyone to even be considered to be a part of the purple user group. I would never nominate anyone that didn't meet all of this criteria, as Kyle and I are the ones that pretty much set forth the criteria. I was the original "purple user" and it was my goal in speaking with Kyle to have another level of user, above and beyond gold, that people could seek out and know that they were getting sound responses to their questions. Whether those questions be about theming, coding, device help, whatever. These purple users are the experts of whatever it is that THEY do. (This is explained just ahead)

Prime example: you're likely not going to ask Bars a coding question... But if you need to do something in Photoshop, down to the smallest pixel, he can help.

Hope this has been helpful.

Basically, all of you that are now purple started with ONE nomination. Most of you were my nominees. So far, no one in the group has had an issue with anyone that has been nominated that hasn't been quelled. Therefore, the nominations have been taken, reviewed by the moderators (to make sure the individual meets the criteria set forth in post 1) and then applied.

And Brian-- I didn't see you whining about it only taking one nomination when you were promoted. And you've been the only nominee that I received any "push back" on.

Everything has been the same since the creation.

1) Purple user makes request.
    2) Other purples can second it or provide a reason why that individual does not meet criteria (in which case they'd object)
    3) moderator makes the change official.

Speaking of requests, BroomHead, is it possible to make this thread only visible to purple user group (and moderators of course)? So that we can use this as a meeting space to hash out these things without having the general public of MMI "weigh -in" on things that should be being discussed by the advisors? If not, I understand. I think it would've a nice way for us to talk amongst ourselves and not appear catty or petty.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 2015-03-10 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Speaking of requests, BroomHead, is it possible to make this thread only visible to purple user group (and moderators of course)? So that we can use this as a meeting space to hash out these things without having the general public of MMI "weigh -in" on things that should be being discussed by the advisors? If not, I understand. I think it would've a nice way for us to talk amongst ourselves and not appear catty or petty.
    It would take Kyle doing that I believe.
    Are you sure that is needed? It seems to me that having the entire community being able to see what it takes to achieve this status is in a way recognition of the respect it deserves to become part of the it. But that's me.

Reminds me of the "Super Secret Themers" thread of past. lol

Thanks

Oh, and also to clarify, we (as mods) had a lot of input into the forming of this elite group also.

It would take Kyle doing that I believe.
    Are you sure that is needed? It seems to me that having the entire community being able to see what it takes to achieve this status is in a way recognition of the respect it deserves to become part of the it. But that's me.

Reminds me of the "Super Secret Themers" thread of past. lol
    Maybe not needed if those people given "senior advisor" status would act like adults and phrase their questions or requests for clarification in a more "purple-worthy" manner, instead of a poor attempt at sarcasm. Or ask via PM. Maybe if people remembered why it was that they were nominated and accepted and conducted themselves in such a manner... At least in this thread where the spotlight is on the purple User Group... And open for the public to see. Each one of us is here for a reason... To set the example... And that's not the example that should be set in a thread devoted solely to the purpose of discussing the user group. We shouldn't be squabbling over status. We should be celebrating the inclusion of the newest member.

Welcome, Laurent.

Would be nice for a spot for purples to converse, tho. Somewhere semi private... If not this thread, somewhere. Where we can squabble with each other out of the limelight, and come to a consensus.

Oh, and also to clarify, we (as mods) had a lot of input into the forming of this elite group also.
    Oh I know! I remember

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast