Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Senior Advisor

Default Senior Advisor
    I can't make a private forum and move this thread there, or we can wait for Kyle... Don't care either way
    Thinking... Thinking... Thinking do I want to?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    I can't make a private forum and move this thread there, or we can wait for Kyle... Don't care either way
    Thinking... Thinking... Thinking do I want to?
    Think you mean you can

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Think you mean you can
    Dang autocorrect. Yes I can, but why? To bicker over who's who?

Default Senior Advisor
    Nah, just so the nominations can be seconded or objected to with privacy within the purple group. Also so that squabbles in general are not viewable by the public... The ones we are supposed to be Setting an example for.

With the initial group of purples, nominations were handled offline via iMessage with the other purple users, then I would pass the request to Kyle. Now that the group has grown to about 15? Or so? It would make it easier to handle those things here rather than offline and 15+ iMessage chats. And that way, no one is afraid to speak up if they have a valid objection.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 2015-03-10 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    ...can one of you mods make NewD gold, I think he deserves it.
    I think this got missed.

That's a new record for me I think, causing so much commotion over just a couple of posts! Not even bad posts. Ok, it was pointed out that there was one sarcastic sentence, but damn!

Krima needs to see this!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-11)

Default Senior Advisor
    I will second the gold nomination for NewD. Although this isn't really the right thread, and although it so pains me to say it, (kidding, Grant :P) NewD should be gold. He's been helping people out for some time now, and he's really reigned in his old attitude.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

Krima needs to see this!
    Oh no, not that please.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I will second the gold nomination for NewD. Although this isn't really the right thread, and although it so pains me to say it, (kidding, Grant :P) NewD should be gold. He's been helping people out for some time now, and he's really reigned in his old attitude.
    Done, he's Gold as requested by several members.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-03-11), MamaJaay (2015-03-11), Marty McFly (2015-03-11), NewD (2015-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Done, he's Gold as requested by several members.
    Thanks Bo!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-11), chevymusclecar (2015-03-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Default Senior Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Oh no, not that please.
    Too late, just saw this.

Im here everyone, let the professional and civil discussion truly begin.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-11), Simon (2015-03-11)

So I have nothing against Zoo at all. He makes some nice themes. My initial question was only to the process, not the nominee.

But how does that qualify him for this group? I would think that if your going to nominate someone, it would be nice to know what it is that they can contribute to the group. Just because someone supports their own theme threads to me, is not a reason. I thought it was for people that go above and beyond to help others and provide overall support. Not just support products that others have paid you for.

That's just my thoughts.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (2015-03-11), Mone (2015-03-16), NewD (2015-03-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I think King has an excellent point here.

I believe a gold member suggested to have a charter. Wouldn't be gold if not for helpful suggestions like this one.

May be something to consider.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-03-11), NewD (2015-03-11)

I do not know what to answer.
    Maybe I support my themes here but also on twitter and almost everywhere I can be contacted.
    I try my best to help others like... all purple themers I think (do not think I am the one).
    So if purple members are people who like helping others in this communauty for a long time and give advises for all and nothing about Apple and jailbreak I hope I got my place here.

I hope it makes sense.
    Cheers

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zooropalg For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-11), King_O_Hill (2015-03-11), Krima (2015-03-11), NewD (2015-03-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

For what it's worth - when I saw all of the original candidates MamaJaay and Kyle had originally worked out to be Purple (Senior Advisors) (listed the day this thread hit)... They all made sense to me. Though not a formal attempt at an official charter ever - MJ did share some of the qualifications she identified and I thought they were dead on.. All purples fall into one 'main' category of three - and some of our members possibly have crossover..
    ---------------
    Coders--Experts who are or have been always willing to help others:
    Ian, Dacal, bombbom, Marty, (recently: June'siPhone)

Theme Innovators-- Experts willing to be helpers/teachers and/or who go above and beyond for customers:
    BarsOverBeats, Truck, Zausser, Subywrex, Cocco28, TCCenterex, Chevymusclecar, (recently: Mone, Vanasian & Zooropalg)

Mondo Helpers- answer nearly every question -and/or- do the mod's "peacekeeping" job before they have to jump in:
    MamaJaay, iRyan, Hemptation, Eliab, (recently: King_O_Hill)
    ----------------
    Some people cross into more than one category, as King is also a coder and Marty is also a theme innovating guy. MamaJaay and Chevy are also a crackerjack coders... June works hard for his clients. So it's not cut and dried..

And though I don't know some of the 'early themeing innovation days' people that were nominated as well as I know most of the rest of the purples, I believe every purple to date deserves to be considered a 'Senior Advisor' - a very apt title in my opinion as well.

So, as Simon stated, that it's not really Kyle's "way" to get super official with charters and all.., I do believe the main three categories I've outlined there are an appropriate 'litmus' test, in general, against which to test the suitability of nominees for purple. Though to be clear - it's not really up to the rest of us to 2nd guess the nomination process. I trust all those superb people on the purple list to make their own determinations about new candidates.

Just my $0.02...
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-03-11 at 06:53 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-11), King_O_Hill (2015-03-11), Simon (2015-03-11)

Owners and Admin have decided that all purple nominations will now be taken by pm'ing a moderator. Mods will then consult with all other mods and current purple users (if needed) before nominated user is changed to purple senior advisor

Thread Closed

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2015-03-11), Bo Troxell (2015-03-11), Marty McFly (2015-09-21), NewD (2015-03-11), Simon (2015-03-11)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910