Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is the touchscreen presure sensitive?

Default Is the touchscreen presure sensitive?
    I was just wondering if the iPhone touch screen is presure sensitive. I think a scale would be a great app but I'm not sure if it will work.

Thanx,
    staplerz

the touch screen isnt... because it would need a "SPRING" of some sorts to measure the sensativity...

also...if it could measure the ammount of pixles taken when you press on it..

such as

3x3 for a light touch...and the harder you touch your finger would be Larger..so to speak like

4x4.... then yeah...but i doubt someone has created such an app...let alone apple

No i don't think so but not sure tho.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    the touch screen isnt... because it would need a "SPRING" of some sorts to measure the sensativity...

also...if it could measure the ammount of pixles taken when you press on it..

such as

3x3 for a light touch...and the harder you touch your finger would be Larger..so to speak like

4x4.... then yeah...but i doubt someone has created such an app...let alone apple
    Yep,
    That pixel method is a good way to test pressure, although it isnt very accurate.

I mean you wouldn't want an App that would want to test presure anyway,
    I think apple would strongly discourage that as "Malicious Applications" that may permanently distroy your screen. haha.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.