3 6.52%
  • 1 week

5 10.87%
  • 2 weeks

8 17.39%
  • more than 2 weeks

30 65.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how long will this war with apple go on for..

Default how long will this war with apple go on for..
    how long.....
    8gb 1.1.1. Iphone Hacked and unlocked with At&t?:confused

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sgammella For This Useful Post:

scofiled_bruce (2007-12-26)

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

We'll will see how many class actions it takes :P so far Apple stock is unchanged.
    Thanks,

Timbo

Default more then 2 weeks.
    definitely more then two weeks.

i say until apple and AT&T's contract is over!

So, how long is it? Years!?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

It will never end. It ending would mean Apple has to admit it was wrong, allow third party apps and watch AT&T yell at them for loosing the exclusives. Thats the thing I think is holding Apple back. They got a nice kickback from AT&T to have the IPhone exclusive with the idea ANYONE can buy one and use another carrier, doesn't sit well with either companies. It could sour future deals.
    On the other hand, if Apple wants to stay competitive in the mobile industry it needs to allow flexibility in their products. I mean how many people would actually buy an Iphone on potential or specs? I look at the Iphone specs and I go ho hum, SE phones look better but if I hear the potential for 3rd party apps like NES, games, whatever I can get then I get interested. Apple needs to showcase that feature to move more phones. This might mean less AT&T deals but at least you are getting the Iphones into consumer hands.

2weeks.

But you can use the TURBO SIM methos to unlcok your IPONE!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

it will go on until you conform to what apple wants. ATT is willing to unlock any phone after 90 days or after your contract is up with them, its 100% apple that is not, and thats because THEY too generate a profit from the iphone data plans from ATT, so they are not only concerned with selling a phone.
    Really?

I'm saying it will go on indefinitely, or at least as long as the whiney babies complain. Unfortunately we have become a nation of coddlers and children are taught that the best way to get what they want is to whine and throw tantrums. Now those children have grown up, or at least become of age to afford an iPhone, and if things don't go their way they start whining and throwing tantrums (filing law suits). Since these spoiled brats have no concept of what running a business is like, or probably even what it's like to work, they think it's all about them.

I would love for the mods to create a new forum, and in a nod to the Twilight Zone, we'll call it the Cornfield. Any posts that has anything to do with the whining and tantrums will be sent there. That way, those of us that are serious about playing with our iPhones don't have to weed through all that crap to get to the good stuff!

Whiners, get over yourselves. If you don't like the iPhone, or Apple, or even Steve Jobs, then for godsakes get rid of the phone, stop supporting Apple AND AT&T and move on. If you want to hit them where it counts, stop supporting them with your money and at the same time whining about it! You paid your money, you agreed to the contract, you agreed to the terms of using the iPhone and it's software...suck it up and deal with it.

Rant concluded.

Here, here. This is right on the money. Apple really doesn't have to do anything to placate 3rd party apps. Yes, yes, it is 'nice' and 'cool' to have all those little extras, but really, most people can be happy with what is provided now, and maybe in the future, you will be able to mod the phone without worrying about breaking it with an update.

Remember that the updates are not just about adding itunes, etc. but actual bug fixes. I noticed that the speakerphone works much better after this latest update, and if Apple is telling the truth in their videos, battery life could be improved, among other things. To me, that is more important than being able to see my wallpaper on the main screen, or changing the buttons, or playing a silly game! Just my 2 cents.....

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I'm saying it will go on indefinitely, or at least as long as the whiney babies complain. Unfortunately we have become a nation of coddlers and children are taught that the best way to get what they want is to whine and throw tantrums. Now those children have grown up, or at least become of age to afford an iPhone, and if things don't go their way they start whining and throwing tantrums (filing law suits). Since these spoiled brats have no concept of what running a business is like, or probably even what it's like to work, they think it's all about them.

I would love for the mods to create a new forum, and in a nod to the Twilight Zone, we'll call it the Cornfield. Any posts that has anything to do with the whining and tantrums will be sent there. That way, those of us that are serious about playing with our iPhones don't have to weed through all that crap to get to the good stuff!

Whiners, get over yourselves. If you don't like the iPhone, or Apple, or even Steve Jobs, then for godsakes get rid of the phone, stop supporting Apple AND AT&T and move on. If you want to hit them where it counts, stop supporting them with your money and at the same time whining about it! You paid your money, you agreed to the contract, you agreed to the terms of using the iPhone and it's software...suck it up and deal with it.

Rant concluded.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

like everything else in the word its all about the money.....and i have noticed increased battery life and louder/clearer speakers on my iphone and I couldnt be any happier with it. I am an apple-a-holic and love there products.

We Apple is hurt financially then this war will stop. An itune substitute should be created for downloading music, movies, podcasts...

All third party users should boycott by only downloading items NOT purchased from itunes store!

until Steve dies.
    He's just too against 3rd party things

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

more than 2 weeks
     Think Different

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Thanks

Apple may never let the unlock go, but third party apps hopefully, i mean the fact that the N95 is open is really tempting me...

Unhappy Dig in for the long haul
    It will last as long as the Sony/PSP FW war went on...which is to say forever. iPhone v1.0.2 = PSP v1.5

It's in Apple's best interest to control the iPhone's software as much as possible and they've said as much in public.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

To randyg,
    Nope bad press will always bring more pressure than a few people shutting down their accounts. Why because bad press means lost sales dollars and marketing money spent to improve your image instead of sell your product.
    Bad press will bring a government bureaucracy down on you. So all the whining as you call it is a good thing. It is very Borg to say "you can only express yourself in ways I approve of", kind of like apple saying you can only do things with your iPhone that we approve of. dude chill out.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgammella View Post
    how long.....
    For as long as Steve Jobs refuses to seek psychiatric care for his control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bookmark View Post
    until Steve dies.
    He's just too against 3rd party things
    Maybe we'll luck out and he'll get cancer again...

soon

I Mean No Never!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast