Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I wait??

Default Should I wait??
    Hey guy's,

I'm hesitating to buy an iPhone 16gb. Do you think I should wait for the 3g? I live in Belgium, and I'll probably only use wi-fi internet on it because the mobile internet isn't very interresting here (much to expensive). So my fear is that the new iPhone will be more expensive, and that it w'ont be much better for me (don't need more than edge...). Or do you think that steve will surprise use with some other unexpected features (better camera, screen, general performance, design or even 32gb) that are worth waiting for?

Thank's

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

i doubt we'll see any major updates to the iPhone for another 6 to 8 months. And even then I doubt there will be 3G because of battery life issues. Also, 3G coverage is currently limited.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

even if a new one comes out, you can still sell your 16gb for a nice profit and not take much of a loss if any

3G won't come out for ages...
    I also live in Belgium and I got my 8GB since end of October...

One more thing: Teumsevich, don't believe the crap you read on belgian newspaper-sites or tech-sites about the iPhone coming out here in Belgium in May... it's just not going to happen... and even if it would, no 3G will be on it...

my advice: Buy one!! (I'm getting me a 16GB myself when I go to the US this June)

Thanks

I'd buy one, even when the 3G comes out, it still has to be unlocked, and that could take a while depending on how hard Apple makes it.

Thanx for the answers!
    I read these news about the belgian mai release too, and I read the same in the german an luxemburgish newspapers about the release in luxembourg...
    But I'm always asking myself if this isn't what apple wants! How would they sell any more phones if people would'nt think the new one won't be much better? Why are the 16gb stocks so low at the moment if they would'nt plan to bring the new one?
    But anyway I'll buy the phone in the states, and you right that I can still sell it for a nice price here So I think I made my decision...

Quote Originally Posted by caelis666 View Post
    3G won't come out for ages...
    I also live in Belgium and I got my 8GB since end of October...

One more thing: Teumsevich, don't believe the crap you read on belgian newspaper-sites or tech-sites about the iPhone coming out here in Belgium in May... it's just not going to happen... and even if it would, no 3G will be on it...

my advice: Buy one!! (I'm getting me a 16GB myself when I go to the US this June)
    Do you know people using iPhone here in belgium? Is the visual voicemail working (base, mobistar or proximus)? And the Locating on maps? I think base is the best for mobile internet isn'it? (250 mb for 10euros)
    Last edited by Teumsevich; 2008-03-21 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i say wait for the 32 very sexy !!

Thanks

I would too, anyways like what "alectra82" says, you can still sell it, so you don't lose much except for a few bucks.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!