Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some days are better than others

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default Some days are better than others
    A buddy of mine works at a pawn shop downtown so I stop by to yack with him every once in a while. Today I stopped by and noticed a white 30G iPod video with "as-is" on it and I asked him what the deal was. He said it turns on but there is a little lock symbol on top and it won't let you do anything. We fiddled with it for a bit and it didn't seem to respond at all as if the hold button was permanently locked (I am assuming it had a pass code lock on it).

He's like "it's $100, but I don't know who is gonna buy it for that". I told him I'd like to mess with it since it was functional I might could get it to do something. (I planned on trying to fix the hold button if it was at fault or check for passcode lock and reformat). So I bought it.....

When I got out to the car I stuck my thumbnail in the side of it and popped it open. I unplugged the battery and waited for 30 seconds and plugged it back in, closed it all up and hit the power button........ TADA! Works perfectly... it had a passcode lock on it and needed the battery disconnected to reset it and get past the pass code which is stored in temporary memory and resets itself when it loses internal power.

Nice fresh new iPod video 30G in excellent shape, perfectly working, sitting in my dock getting 30 gig of games and video...... I bought it for $40

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice one - that is a good day ...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I have had every iPod including a few video's, but now after having my first one since my iPhone I realize how spoiled I am on this larger screen now.

I had just been rocking my shuffle lately.

Good Deal!

Aww, Im mad i lost my shuffle

apple makes some cool **** dont they

nice
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome deal man haha. I sold my 30gb vid and nano a week before the big change at apple, and got me a hella good deal on ebay.
     Think Different