Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help apple lied to me

Unhappy please help apple lied to me
    hello from london uk i was in new york and brought a i phone apple told me that the phone will not work uk fine but did not tell me that the other stuff would do nothing eg i pod please can someone help me i just want to get the other things running, i really would like to use it as a ipod can some kind hearted person help as apple do not care at all bless you please email me at [email protected] so many thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

they didnt lie, its obvious... try to download the programs that bypass the activation... look around..
    maybe www.hacktheiphone.com or here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomer For This Useful Post:

london adam (2007-10-01)

ps saw the email address are you jewish if so me too working for idf here in london can not understand tech apple talk is there a way you could send me a link i dont need the phone part just the i pod thanks good yom tov

You should have bought the Ipod Touch. There is NO way to get the Ipod part of the phone to work because if your firmware is 1.1.1 then you have to downgrade to 1.0.2 and hack the phone. That is the ONLY way you can get the phone to activate to allow you access to the Ipod function. Apple has been saying it and you should have listened, the phone only works when activated which means you can't get access to the phone unless you activate it. That means NO Ipod unless your phone is activated. Either learn to hack the phone from the many informative threads or posts or wait until the Iphone comes out in the UK and try getting it swapped out.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

/\ well his might not have 1.1.1 he didn't say how long ago he got the phone. it could have been b4 1.1.1

Unless you asked them if the non-phone functions (iPod, Mail, Safari, etc.) would work and Apple said yes then they did not lie. This is a case of assuming without verfying.

I do remember reading how some people got the phones to work as phone-less ipods a while ago. Don't have any links, sorry.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    /\ well his might not have 1.1.1 he didn't say how long ago he got the phone. it could have been b4 1.1.1
    Either ways, he has to hack the phone to get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Unless you asked them if the non-phone functions (iPod, Mail, Safari, etc.) would work and Apple said yes then they did not lie. This is a case of assuming without verfying.

I do remember reading how some people got the phones to work as phone-less ipods a while ago. Don't have any links, sorry.
    Yes I remember that and I think it still requires him hacking his phone.

Either way, he is looking at hacking the phone.

what they said is just plug it into the mac and it will work no problems