Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternative to backing up Notes

Default Alternative to backing up Notes
    I know this is a ghetto version, but it works pretty well.
    First download pscp from This Link

Then open up notepad and put in this text and save it as a .bat file

@echo off
    cd /d "CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\"
    start iTunes.exe
    @echo off
    echo iPhone/iPod Touch Backup
    echo.
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/Notes .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/Installer .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/SMS .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips .
    -interactive| off | tty
    pause

Now you can put any directories you want to backup, in my case i am backing up Notes,AddresBook,Installer,SMS, and Webclips.
    **IMPORTANT, THE DIRECTORIES SPECIFIED ARE FOR FIRMWARE 1.1.4, IF YOU HAVE 1.1.2 OR LOWER, PLEASE CHANGE THE DIRECTORIES OF THE FOLDERS**

Just rename ipaddress with your IP Address, and password with your SSH password

Now put both pscp and the .bat file in the same folder, and run it. It will open up iTunes and backup your data at the same time.

If you just want to back up and not open itunes, use this:

@echo off
    echo iPhone/iPod Touch Backup
    echo.
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/Notes .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/Installer .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/SMS .
    pscp.exe -r -pw password [email protected]:/private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips .
    -interactive| off | tty
    pause

For this to work, OpenSSH has to be installed
    Last edited by goku31640; 2008-03-21 at 12:33 AM.

Or..........................

you could just type your note in an email and mail it to yourself

Yeah but I like my notes on my iphone, not my email. In case I delete, I can always restore instead of having to look on my email, then retyping it to my phone. This seemed like less of a hassle.