Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Xperia X1 - Everything the iPhone is missing

Default Xperia X1 - Everything the iPhone is missing
    Hi all,

I did a search and didn't find any posts mentioning the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 smartphone. I've always been a fan of Sony Ericsson phones, they tend to be more open, more compatible, and have great build quality and features.

They're coming out with a new smartphone called the Xperia X1 sometime soon (I hope) and it seems that its got all the functionality that the iPhone is missing. With Steve's recent flash bashing, I'm getting the feeling that iPhone 2 will lack a lot of things we'd hoped it would have.

Some musts' for my next smartphone include:
    -aGPS (real GPS, none of this "probably within a mile or two" BS)
    -3G
    -Removable and replaceable battery/memory (this is just common sense)
    -A2DP

The X1 has all this, plus a bunch of other goodies like video recording, MMS, Java, FM radio, and a 3.2 MP camera.

Unless Apple can pull it out with iPhone 2, I think I'll be looking elsewhere for my next all in one smartphone. The Xperia X1 is looking like the best candidate right now.

Check it out!
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 2008-03-20 at 11:56 PM.

Saw this, being an ericsson fan my self I think it is very promising

Ack, I thought it looked awesome until I saw it has a full-keyboard and splits open.

I hate those phones. Like the voyager, it'll probably make the touch-screen as nothing more than a glorified go to screen and not make it the big point behind it.

EDIT: I take it back, using Magical Mystery Tour on the commercial
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2008-03-21 at 02:17 AM.

Well now that I have an iPhone, I probably couldn't go back to a phone with keys, but hopefully Apple ties notice of the other phones being developed includes most of this in the iPhone2 and let's the rest up to the SDK...

The iPhone is under constant development, case and point, look whats coming in June - and with major developers making programs under the SDK for the iPhone, it's features are almost unlimited with the resources available to those types of companies.

All these companies are releasing these touchscreen based phones, and all the Apple haters, and people looking for the next big thing will run out to buy them. But nothing to this point is even close, and continues to just get further away. The trend will continue to be throw as many features into a phone as you can, and cringe when Apple announces the date for the 2nd version of the iPhone.

Apple is fully aware of these new devices, and they continue to lead us into the new technology, and the iPhone has only very lightly scratched the surface to what it's capable of doing. And it's still the first generation of the phone.

CE0311
    Do you know what I dont like with the X1? Its based on Windows Mobile! And I don't really get for what I have 8 or 9 different desktops or UIs or whatever... Only thing I'm missing with my iPhone is GPS, everything else is great! I never ever had a mobile where I had to replace the battery, because when my battery is so old that its dead or very low, I'll go buy a new phone! I have a new mobile every 3 years... So why think of the battery! Next thing: 3G: I have a payg-sim working on my iPhone... The GPRS Internet isnt cheap, but its affordable! 3G? What do I have to pay for this? I don't want to know! Next thing: I really think nothing makes more fun than the iPod on the Touch or iPhone! All other music players in phones arent so nice and I really like iTunes! I dont even have an iTunes account, but I like how it manages all your data and music, videos, album covers (!) etc... I'll rest with my iPhone!!! (until a better iPhone comes out and its unlocked!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CE0311 View Post
    Do you know what I dont like with the X1? Its based on Windows Mobile! And I don't really get for what I have 8 or 9 different desktops or UIs or whatever... Only thing I'm missing with my iPhone is GPS, everything else is great! I never ever had a mobile where I had to replace the battery, because when my battery is so old that its dead or very low, I'll go buy a new phone! I have a new mobile every 3 years... So why think of the battery! Next thing: 3G: I have a payg-sim working on my iPhone... The GPRS Internet isnt cheap, but its affordable! 3G? What do I have to pay for this? I don't want to know! Next thing: I really think nothing makes more fun than the iPod on the Touch or iPhone! All other music players in phones arent so nice and I really like iTunes! I dont even have an iTunes account, but I like how it manages all your data and music, videos, album covers (!) etc... I'll rest with my iPhone!!! (until a better iPhone comes out and its unlocked!)

the only thing i think the iphone lacks is working bluetooth, which will never be released by apple in updates for obvious reasons.

working bluetooth opens up about a trillion different things, including GPS!! (bluetooth gps reciever - 15 from ebay)

it took me a couple months to dive in and buy this, got it in the UK in december, but, when the 3g mark 2 comes out, ill be getting it on the day of release.

i can't see myself ever using any other phone again, this does everything i need + more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post

-Removable and replaceable battery/memory (this is just common sense)
    [/URL]
    I can understand everything else, but why this? For the memory, shoot thats what you have a computer for. It backs everything up to your comp. You can easily find where the back ups go to, then put them in your own folder. You can also access what evers on a jailbroken iphone, and put the files int to anything else you want(like a Mem Stick Duo Pro) if you need to. Battery is an ehh. No really need for the removable/replaceable battery.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

I am happy with my iPhone but it doesn't satisfy me with the things I need.I myself am waiting for X1 xperia to come out if it has a big enough screen I will get it.
    what am I missing now,and I mean a lot,is MIDP,flash player,Bluetooth,java.
    Btw.my previous encounter with WM doesn't look to have been so bad anymore.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

looks pretty dayum sweet!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)