Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Petition - Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits

Default Petition - Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits
    Hi all, im aware this is massively off topic, but please read!

As you will all have read, the riots are still causing mayhem in many major cities in the UK and it is tearing apart many people's beliefs in our current government and our fellow person...

Many of you that have an opinion on this will be, like myself, pointing the finger directly at the rioters for being such lowlife scum instead of being distracted by all the talk that will try to protect the rioters and blame the current or previous government entirely. Yeh David and Nick aren't great - you can say that loads of things have helped contribute to this happening - but you CANNOT get away from the fact that if these rioters weren't such thieving arsehole pricks then it wouldn't be happening at all...

Some of you that are on Facebook may have seen a link to an e-petition on a Direct.gov website. the way it works is that if an e-petition reaches 100,000 signatures in the alloted timescale, it stands a very good chance of being debated in the house of commons. The petitions states:

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.
    Responsible department: Department for Work and Pensions

Any persons convicted of criminal acts during the current London riots should have all financial benefits removed. No tax payer should have to contribute to those who have destroyed property, stolen from their community and shown a disregard for the country that provides for them.

I think that this is a very fair and just policy that could very easily make it's way into law. We can't argue the pros and cons in a debate ourselves but we can help to make sure it gets talked about at least!

I'm not particularly politcial but I do feel very strongly about this - I am appauled at the number of people trying to puposely cause mayhem and ruin our (once great) country "for a laugh", as well as stealing from genuine, honest and hardworking people. It's worse to see that people only a couple of years younger than me (I'm 21) out on the streets at night time with f*ck all else to do that be dickhead and smash somebody elses shopfront up...

See below for a link to the petition - please do fill in all the information and respond the the confirmation email or else it won't count!

Sign Here

Cheers,

Like A Boss

Nice, I hope they show no mercy on those Anarchist rioters. If they don't want to be a part of society then cast them out.

Thanks

I wanna be in a Roit.

Personally im jealous.

ANARCHY!!!
    EDM

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    I wanna be in a Roit.

Personally im jealous.

ANARCHY!!!
    If you're poor, lack education, good judgement and social skills, have a predisposition towards violence due to a chemical imbalance, and are generally an idiot, they yes, you'll make a pretty good rioter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    If you're poor, lack education, good judgement and social skills, have a predisposition towards violence due to a chemical imbalance, and are generally an idiot, they yes, you'll make a pretty good rioter.
    Yes.
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You just described Zeal spot on.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

The Register's take:
    London rioters should 'loose all benefits' ? The Register

London rioters should 'loose all benefits'
    Angry e-petition demands serious, if misspelled, action

The Department for Work and Pensions is going to have to take this particular e-petition seriously, since it had already clocked up just under 71,000 signatures, as we publish this from the Vulture Central insurrection-proof London bunker complex.

We have no doubt that when the government agrees to the taxpayers' demands it will instruct the DWP as to how exactly rioters' benefits are to be "loosed", while the Metropolitan Police will certainly need guidelines on protecting law-abiding citizens' lunchboxes from packs of penniless and starving hoodies.

LOL @ "loose".

Typos can really undermine a message

Thanks

LOL @ "loose".

Typos can really undermine a message
    I prefer to tighten my benefits.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Dale, hope you are not going to play in the fire.

LOL, the Prime Minister figured it out.
    Its not hooliganism that's causing the problem.
    its evil social media that allow hooligans to coordinate their nefarious plans.

How to fix?
    instead of "loosing" benefits to convicted rioters,
    ban social media from anyone suspected of conspiracy to break the law.

As for the allegedly timid and ineffective police response to the rioters,
    its because there are too many cops. Pull 16,000 more police off the streets for good: problem solved!

He puts the blame squarely on the Hooligans, he's simply angry that social media was used to coordinate them. Ultimately, trying to muzzle people will only make it worse, or will at least be a waste of time. If you want to stop rioting you'll need to create an environment where everyone has jobs. Jobs are like cryptonite to societal uprisings. It keeps people busy, social, and out of trouble.

Riots are coming soon to America, as well. Entitlement reform is something that needs to be addressed. Everybody here wants their "fair share", but all the entitlements and handouts are no longer sustainable (well, they never were, really). It's not at the tipping point yet, but if nothing changes then cities here are going to burn sometime within the next decade. The problem is, once you start giving people free stuff, it gets harder and harder to take it away from them. People will want their "fair share", even if that means that society will have to crumble around them. They simply don't care.

i dont even know..this just seems like it came out of no where.
    What exactly are the rioters mad about? and what exactly is with the whole stealing thing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    i dont even know..this just seems like it came out of no where.
    What exactly are the rioters mad about? and what exactly is with the whole stealing thing?
    The current rioters were not the original ones that were protesting. That was only for part of the first night. The other nights were just criminals and idiots looking for free stuff and anarchy.

thats pretty lame. I feel legitimately bad for those having to deal with all of that. Its hard to imagine...

Thanks

These people are burning down businesses and homes of everyday people.

They are also burning down businesses that provide for the town; such as the Sony research center that they burned down.

It definitely didn't come out of nowhere. Politics create a society that's dependent on the system, so when the system crashes (as it did in 2008) it creates a lot of scared and, later, angry people. Thankfully it's not yet an epidemic, but it could be eventually.

Rioters are rioters because their world seemingly falls apart around them (in such a bad economic environment) and they don't understand why it's happening. Instead of searching for rational answers (which probably don't exist in their given/ chosen lifestyle, or the people they're surrounded by) they lash out at those around them.

And then you have these political social movements that fan the flames by pronouncing that all your troubles are due to people with money wanting to keep you poor, and that they're not playing fair, and that you should be given your "fair share" of the wealth - and if they won't give it to you then you go out and you TAKE IT FROM THEM.

Think of it like a small child that watches his parents fight and he gets ignored, or diminished - they may not know why they're angry, but those feelings will reach a boiling point and they'll act out at school, fight, get in trouble, try and get attention - they're scared, and they're easily manipulated because they search for others to trust. You ever see seemingly good kids hang out with the wrong crowd and turn bad? Same thing

There are also smart people out there that use this kind of thuggery to get what they want politically (in America these people have a motto: "Don't let a crisis go to waste"). There doesn't yet seem to be any proof of that in this situation, but it would be foolish to discount that right out because the truth is not always forthcoming or obvious - many people and groups work anonymously. If the riots become a major trend then the authorities will be able to track it to its source, but if this is a one-off event then likely it will fade into obscurity.

Im just surprised, i wasn't really aware of any major political problem in Great Britain. I was only mildly aware after the whole hoopla over the royal wedding..
    Now i feel like a normal ignorant american.

All effected by this outbreak are in my prayers

It's not fair to low-blow Americans (I see it so much, I apologize is that wasn't your intent). Ignorance is normal everywhere, not just America.

But yeah, it's a shame the riots are happening. England can either take this a few ways: feel sorry for themselves and play the victims, or use this as a wake-up call that they're not doing something right, and change it.

I don't follow events in England closely so I don't know the mood of the country right now, but I hope they're not sulking in the corner feeling sorry for themselves. I hope they're outraged and not frightened.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Some long for times past ... when the news media reported facts. The Walter Cronkite days.

Don't know that much about UK politics, but in the US, there's so much opinion intermixed with the facts it's difficult to weed out the truth.

Add inept news reporting to the inability or unwillingness of many to find the real truth and it's a recipe for chaos and mayhem.

It's unfortunate our media coverage has abandoned truth in reporting for sensationalism and profit.

Times have changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast