Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So the site has been upgraded...

Default So the site has been upgraded...
    Alright as most of you already know, we have moved to VBulliten v4. With this move comes a lot of good changes and functionality. Unfortunately this also comes some not so good changes. This is where you come in. We want your feedback on any problems you might come across. So if you see something that looks off or is plain broken, please dont hesitate to post here so we can get the issue fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you

Nicholas Knight

I dont know if this is already an option, but i would love to be able to use the old theme...
    Also, as im looking at the reply to thread right now, the text "constantly adding to and improving the site. Check back often!" is partly cut off by the MMi bar.
    but apart from that it be awesome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Do you use adblock? Adblock is messing with alignment because the alignment counts on one of the ads it seems.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

I'm still gettingnused to it but well, I think that when someone posts, I can see there stats but not on my replies, I have to click view stats and then it's not all there , like the thanks and such

Would like to see frames, time of post and page selection back at the top. But other than that it's cool, looks fresh if a bit more difficult to view on the device. Doesn't look kinda mobile anymore

This upgrade is terrible guys! I mean no disrespect and anybody that knows me here knows I'm a team player, and this is a second home for me. I belong to no other forums just MMI, because it has always fulfilled my needs and has the best artist/creators in the game. You have stripped this place of any personality that it once had. It feels EMPTY and COLD! I'm not sure who thought a plain white canvas would appeal to graphic designers and artists. But it is just like I say a empty canvas. I have been surfing since re launch and I'm yet to here a single positive thing posted on any thread. Only confusion and irritation. If its not broke why fix it? You've removed our thanks counts which as shallow as that sounds completely changes the dynamics of EVERYTHING! That is the small thing that those of us who spend hours upon hours on threads fulfilling requests have as a reward and as a marker to stand out from the crowd! We are all Noobs now as far as visually! Ive spoke with a dozen of my actual friends here of which all are gold members and the bottom line is nobody is happy with this! In fact everybody is upset. I can only hope that it is not finished yet and that I am jumping the gun on my comments. If not a lot of the best people you had here will be spending their time elsewhere. Me personally have never belonged to another forum as this place is my stomping grounds. I for the first time am curious what else is out their. Being a reasonable/loyal man if I feel that way I can assure you that a large group of people feel the same!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    This upgrade is terrible guys! I mean no disrespect and anybody that knows me here knows I'm a team player, and this is a second home for me. I belong to no other forums just MMI, because it has always fulfilled my needs and has the best artist/creators in the game. You have stripped this place of any personality that it once had. It feels EMPTY and COLD! I'm not sure who thought a plain white canvas would appeal to graphic designers and artists. But it is just like I say a empty canvas. I have been surfing since re launch and I'm yet to here a single positive thing posted on any thread. Only confusion and irritation. If its not broke why fix it? You've removed our thanks counts which as shallow as that sounds completely changes the dynamics of EVERYTHING! That is the small thing that those of us who spend hours upon hours on threads fulfilling requests have as a reward and as a marker to stand out from the crowd! We are all Noobs now as far as visually! Ive spoke with a dozen of my actual friends here of which all are gold members and the bottom line is nobody is happy with this! In fact everybody is upset. I can only hope that it is not finished yet and that I am jumping the gun on my comments. If not a lot of the best people you had here will be spending their time elsewhere. Me personally have never belonged to another forum as this place is my stomping grounds. I for the first time am curious what else is out their. Being a reasonable/loyal man if I feel that way I can assure you that a large group of people feel the same!
    So far in the main news thread I have seen mixed reviews. Some people like it, some dont (I havent seen one themer that likes it) and some think it just needs a few tweaks.

Also I responded to Jazz about the thanks already, they are not gone. You can still see them on your profile page when you click about to see all your stats. I know the themers hold thanks in high regard (as do I). Remember there is still much to do and bugs to be ironed out. I have posted about the stats not being shown on every post like they were (and the thanks button could be made more prominent) in a staff thread about bugs and suggestions. We just need to give Kyle and Cody time to get stuff done

Personally I find the look very sexy (not cold and empty) but I do agree some things can be tweaked to organize it a bit better maybe. Kyle has already said he is looking into making the background a bit darker.

Sounds good Simon and thanks for the response. I will hold my tongue and continue with business as usual and hope things are adjusted as comments roll in. In regards to the white canvas. Think of it just like a theme wallpaper. Have you ever seen a white wallpaper. Let me rephrase that. Have you ever seen a plain white wallpaper on a "SUCCESSFUL" theme? Its just not visually appealing to the masses. Anyway just my take. Have a nice day brother. Catch you on the threads! And thanks again for the time!

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

I get pop up that says:start below fold, when scrolling forums(See thumbnail). Hadn't read about this problem yet so I just thought I'd mention it.I personally don't like the new look either. It looks like every other forum on the web now. Reminds me of when Mac Citi changed their look(Since the change I think I've been over there maybe a hand full of times). Was the previous look to MMI the most spectacular? Probably not, but at least it stood out. Hope to see preview pics next to themes again. They just all run together now and it's hard to tell what's what. Seems like everything got lighter except for the ads. Wow they really pop don't they! That being said, I'm sure MMI will listen to the feedback and make a few positive changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0244.jpg  
    Last edited by slap690; 2011-05-23 at 07:12 PM. Reason: picture was in middle of paragraph

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

hideously blown out, unrestrained proportions, cold icy winter glacier in the middle of nowhere.

....but I'm sure Cody will fix it .

Safari 5.0.5

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slap690 View Post
    I get pop up that says:start below fold, when scrolling forums(See thumbnail). Hadn't read about this problem yet so I just thought I'd mention it.I personally don't like the new look either. It looks like every other forum on the web now. Reminds me of when Mac Citi changed their look(Since the change I think I've been over there maybe a hand full of times). Was the previous look to MMI the most spectacular? Probably not, but at least it stood out. Hope to see preview pics next to themes again. They just all run together now and it's hard to tell what's what. Seems like everything got lighter except for the ads. Wow they really pop don't they! That being said, I'm sure MMI will listen to the feedback and make a few positive changes.
    The preview pics/thumbnails will be back. Just not working right now.

the top bar is covering up the featured button. The App doesn't work, there's no mobile site. when you submit a comment it doesnt go to the page it's on
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Completely different site on my iPad. you can tell it was built on or for an iPad, it's almost perfect.

100% completely incompatible with my iMac. Nothing short of clusterfked. There are no tables and borders and with every thing blown out and all over the place it's impossible to read on my iMac.

But again.... Strangely fantastic on the iPad. (short of needing borders)

Thanks

Yeah if you see it on a computer you don't know what the hell it is supposed to look like, but it becomes clear on an iPad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda Liked the old site better
    [SIGPIC]

The RSS feeds for news only does not work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    the top bar is covering up the featured button.
    Refer to my first comment in this thread.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    hideously blown out, unrestrained proportions, cold icy winter glacier in the middle of nowhere.

....but I'm sure Cody will fix it .

Safari 5.0.5

Yeah, I also got a view like that!

A huge waste of space on my monitor, lots of scrolling needed and having half the screen in white does not really help to stay for very long.
    Tried it Firefox 4 and Safari 5, cleared history, empty cache, but still only half screen display.

So:
    Thinner, yes it is (sadly!)
    Lighter, regarding the color most definitely!
    Faster, not really, because once a site has loaded and I start scrolling down (due to narrow display) I am thrown back to the top because some other items (side ads) have loaded, so I start scrolling down again, only to find myself on the top again because the page now has loaded icons and smilies. If there are quite some images in the posts then I get pushed to the top for the third time.
    This really becomes annoying when there is a slow connection to one of the ad-servers.
    Best practice is to open a page, go and make a cup of tea, when done the page has loaded completely, then open next page, go and make another cup of tea ... but there is a limit of how much tea I can drink.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2011-05-24 at 10:02 AM. Reason: further imperfections found

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I kinda Liked the old site better
    Me too. It's too plain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast