Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any active PayPal sellers here?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Any active PayPal sellers here?
    Here is my issue:

I'm starting to sell a lot of things on eBay and had a question on Payments. I find it extremely annoying that the payments that are made out to me are being held. This is an inconvenience because it means I have to come out of my pocket for shipping charges. If I remember correctly PayPal was never like this in the past.

I hear that some people are not having this issue with payments being held. My feedback rating is 100% and I always pay for an item as soon as I win/buy it now.

I also don't understand why this would be an issue being that you have to verify a bank account with PayPal. If need be they can always go into my account and take out money.

What should I do?
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

I would call paypal or use paypal to print the shipping label sometimes that will release the payment and it come out of the money the guy/girl sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Here is my issue:

I'm starting to sell a lot of things on eBay and had a question on Payments. I find it extremely annoying that the payments that are made out to me are being held. This is an inconvenience because it means I have to come out of my pocket for shipping charges. If I remember correctly PayPal was never like this in the past.

I hear that some people are not having this issue with payments being held. My feedback rating is 100% and I always pay for an item as soon as I win/buy it now.

I also don't understand why this would be an issue being that you have to verify a bank account with PayPal. If need be they can always go into my account and take out money.

What should I do?
    They verify your bank to make sure the address is correct, which makes things overall far more safer. On Ebay, paypal will hold payments for people who have less than ~300 feedback. If you print a shipping label through paypal, they release they money from the amount being held so you don't have to pay for it.
    The payment holding is a great idea IMO opinion becuase they cannot always get the money from the bank, and a lot of scammers these days withdraw everything from their bank account.
    Also, they don't necessarily hold it for 21 days, they release as it as soon as positive feedback is left for the item, or if it has been 3 days or more since the item was delivered to the buyer

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I was just wondering because I know that it was never like this. I have like 55-60 feedback so I'm a long ways to go. I didn't know about the shipping being deducted from the balance.

I was going to sell a window (for a house) on eBay and didn't want to shell out a lot of money for shipping.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Yea they have a hold on the money till there is proof/verification it was shipped, 30 days, or the person leaves positive feedback on the item. I noticed this also after a break I had in selling on there.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

It's best to message the guy and remind him to leave u positive feedback so you can receive your money.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah I was wondering why people would message me telling me to leave feedback. I buy way more than I sell. The reps stated that this has always been the policy. I felt as if they were insulting my intelligence because I know for a fact it wasn't like this in the past. I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure I'm right.

Ur right, paypal just started it a few months ago. Not sure why they told u that. It says right on the paypal site that they have updated and changed the policy which includes the "hold"
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-11-04 at 11:51 PM.