Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beware of crApple's "Genius Bar"

Unhappy Beware of crApple's "Genius Bar"
    I got my iPhone 4 when it first came out didn't realize that I had a problem with my iPhone until I needed to use the GPS just to find out that the GPS signal was really poor. I went to at&t but they were sold out so i went to apple hoping to get it replace with a new one because it was within 30days. They gave me a "tested iPhone 4".

That was 3 months ago, yesterday I was comparing photo shots with a friend who's had his phone from the day it released just that's when I realized I have the yellow hue problems. So I took it crApple store to get this resolved. I didn't really care if it is refurb or new I just wanted to get my problem fix. The rep who was helping me was finishing up with another customer and placed the a phone in a "black box" and placed the box inside the cabinet. He greets me in a friendly way so I told him my problems. He took my phone to the back to take some white shots and came back saying that my phone have Blueish problem and said that it has to be hardware. Then he opened that same cabinet and took out a black box and cut it open and handed me an ip4. I asked him to please check if it has the same problems. And guess what???? It did have the same problem that's when he told me that my friend's phone is a defected one and the one I have is the normal. Hard to believe I asked him if there's anyway we can fix this and he said.

"These are not refurb, these are well tested device by us before we give them to you. I can cut up a whole bunch of boxes and all these phones and probably wouldn't find one for you. It must be a normal phone and the phone that your friend have is the defected one."---

---- Basically saying, "Sorry I pretended to test your phone so it would make us look good and just gonna replace your's with another customer's phone so hopefully you'll live happily ever after with your well wasted 300$ and trust on us. bye bye now"

Later the day I was comparing my ip4 and my friend's ip4, I notice my screen is a lil bit darker or yellower. So I opened up safari to a blank page, and I've noticed that my ip4 screen was a little bit yellow and darker than his. I am helpless... "...it must be normal..."

I felt disrespected and very frustrated from the bad support as if I come into and crApple store just to get another trade in product from another customer who could also have the same problem. Aside from that it is unacceptable and embarrassing to take a picture during dinner with friends just to find out that your 5mp camera phone from crApple is truly crap.

So all of you guys who are trying to get treated fairly from a rich and well known crApple just beware that they don't give a s*** about they're customer satisfaction because they're too rich to care now.

Good Luck and be happy crApple cause this will be my only crApple device.

Beware of crApple guys...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I have always had great customer service from the genius bar. But that does suck.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I have always had great customer service as well! I would call Apple make a complaint about it... be kind and tell them your frustrations... then they will give you a case number and then go back to the store and talk to someone else and maybe they will be able to get you one that is not yellow. Good Luck!

Unlucky, my i4 is fine, and I've always had great service at apple stores
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

So you encountered one bad employee. Okay? I'm sure others work there; even a manager or two!

I have had nothing but great experiences with customer service at the Apple stores. I've had items that were just barely out of warranty and they've replaced and repaired them without cost because they see that the devices are in mint condition due to using cases and screen covers.

Just go speak to another employee.

I have to agree, i had a broken microphone on my handset and i had the worst time getting Apple to accept that it was a hardware fault and not software. It took at least 10 phone calls. I finally got a replacement handset, but it really put me off Apple.

Truly frustrating!

They gave my sister a new macbook pro instead of repairing it when I pushed them. She bought it from MacConnection and it has a twisted chassis. Sometimes I think that I could be a better genius tech than the ones there at apple.

The black boxes are refurb units which are tested and are NOT other customer's phones. And I was going to say how old are you to seriously use crApple but then saw it was you, Moon :P

Everyone I've dealt with in an Apple Store has been nothing but incredibly courteous and respectful. They've gone out of their way to help me with my iPhone even though the issues I've taken the phone for are hardly issues to begin with.

Sounds to me that you had to deal with a new genius who either didn't explain himself properly or you misunderstood. But seriously, I've had friends that have gone with cracked screens and gotten free replacements because they were polite and were honest with the genius.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The black boxes are refurb units which are tested and are NOT other customer's phones. And I was going to say how old are you to seriously use crApple but then saw it was you, Moon :P

Everyone I've dealt with in an Apple Store has been nothing but incredibly courteous and respectful. They've gone out of their way to help me with my iPhone even though the issues I've taken the phone for are hardly issues to begin with.

Sounds to me that you had to deal with a new genius who either didn't explain himself properly or you misunderstood. But seriously, I've had friends that have gone with cracked screens and gotten free replacements because they were polite and were honest with the genius.
    I didn't post this thread..... lol wut?

Don't play dumb, everyone here knows 90% of the mmi accouts are just alt accounts you use! You may have everyone fooled but not me!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Soo..... you had a problem with your original i4 that you purchased on day 1, 30 days later you took it back, they replaced it, 3 months later you took it back again, they replaced it again...Sounds like pretty good service to me since they don't have to do anything after 30 days. True, the iPhone4 has several issues on random phones, but to say that this is crappy service when they replaced your phone for you twice, when technically they didn't have to, isn't bad service. In fact, thats pretty good service concerning them replacing your iphone4 twice since you bought it on day 1. Yes it sucks and your frustrated that you got another iphone 4 with the yellow hue on the screen, which is due to the manufacturing process of the screen since the actual screen is glued to the top glass which is supposed "to fade in time" which im not sure is the case or not because that didnt happened to me on my original or replaced iphone4 (exchanged due to my i4 was freezing when people called and wasnt answering calls), but I certainly don't see this is a crappy service on the employees part. Just my 2 cents and my opinion.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Don't play dumb, everyone here knows 90% of the mmi accouts are just alt accounts you use! You may have everyone fooled but not me!!
    crap(ple)! you found me.....

I'm not moon#pie.

I don't really care if it was refurb or new I just wanted my problem to be fixed. And maybe "crApple" was unnecessary but it was a very frustrating day. Sure if you had a crack screen and they give you a new iphone that's a good news for you. But its pointless to me if they replace another phone that's also defected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymon23 View Post
    I'm not moon#pie.
    Exactly what I would say..... roflol

I'm moon#pie

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

yep, yep I am!

Thanks

I'm...myself!

That sucks to have that kind of service.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I can say it is not Moon. Unless he can get the same ip then switch to the other ip then switch back to the same. So unless he is using a VPN/Proxy with a dedicated IP then he would have been reassigned another on the second post but the user has the same ip in both; which is not the same as moon's posts.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Plus, by having two MMi accounts, you will get banned.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I can say it is not Moon. Unless he can get the same ip then switch to the other ip then switch back to the same. So unless he is using a VPN/Proxy with a dedicated IP then he would have been reassigned another on the second post but the user has the same ip in both; which is not the same as moon's posts.
    lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast