Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone jailbreaks PS3

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    I used the calculator one. But the iPhone/ipod touch port came out today
    Where is it?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    Where is it?
    How to install PSfreedom on iPod touch 1G - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Hacking Modchip & Jailbreak Community

The link is only for first gen iPod touches if I understood it correctly.

As far as MN's port of it goes, I believe he said all work on it was suspended upon pod2g's successful hack of the i4.

As neat as this is, what really makes me curious about this idea is whether or not iDevices could in theory be used as a dongle for the new jailbreak IF it does turn out to be a tethered jailbreak. I can definitely get my hands on old unused iDevices that I could keep on a lower untethered iOS jailbreak to keep in my bag/truck just in case I have to tether on the go. And with having so many old devices, I certainly have access to more than enough of the usb cables to splice two extra one together in order to have a dock connector to dock connector cable!

More information/tools:

IOSLinux - PSFreedom Wiki

Guide to installing on iPhone 3g or 2g*:

How to install PSfreedom on iPhone 3g & 2g

*Let me save you guys some trouble if you're using an iPhone 2g...
    There was a new version of iPhoDroid (v0.6 R13k), the application that installs Android on your iPhone in 1 click, but it failed to work properly with the iPhone 2g. Everyone on their forum is currently waiting for a fix to be released. You could follow the news here: IPHODROID FORUM - iPhone 2G

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post

As neat as this is, what really makes me curious about this idea is whether or not iDevices could in theory be used as a dongle for the new jailbreak IF it does turn out to be a tethered jailbreak. I can definitely get my hands on old unused iDevices that I could keep on a lower untethered iOS jailbreak to keep in my bag/truck just in case I have to tether on the go. And with having so many old devices, I certainly have access to more than enough of the usb cables to splice two extra one together in order to have a dock connector to dock connector cable!

This is kinda like your idea, I remember seeing something about this when 3.1.2 tether was more of a issue.

iDongle hardware iPhone jailbreak tool makes hacker life a little simpler -- Engadget
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, but wasn't it rather overpriced? Not as bad as the USB's for psgroove, but still overpriced none the less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12