Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Laptop Shopping: Toshiba Or HP?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Laptop Shopping: Toshiba Or HP?
    My parents are taking me to Best Buy for my birthday to pick out a laptop of my choice. I'm finally glad this is my chance to be a Theme Maker here on ModMyi. Question Is: Which laptop brand is THE BEST?!

Thanks

I'm my personal opinion, and I have owned both, it is the HP hands down. The biggest reason is the backup drive. Toshiba doesn't have one, u have to make ur own disks or pay the Squad to make them for u. I am just a huge HP fangirl!! LOL

i think you should consider macbook pro ive had windows based machines they suck, but if you really need that fix with apple you can run both.. but with regards to quality of parts used in the two you have selected, i would go for HP
    regards Mick

I'd go with toshiba, I've had multiple and they are great

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Macs are awesome. Im saving up for a Macbook Pro.

But if you really want Windows laptop... I think:

1) Sony's are overpriced
    2) HP's a good choice
    3) Toshibas are decent, had one didnt really like it (couldve been the lame processor but hey it was my first self-bought laptop)
    4) Dells are fast and great (I really do advocate a Dell)
    5) Asus (my current) have probably the best specs for the price

I really love my Asus to be honest. Its up there with my opinion on Dell. But you should check out the specs before deciding like battery life, hard drive memory, DDR2 or DDR3 mem, type of processor (Intel is great), video card type, etc. Too much to go in depth I suppose... Just check the base scores. Those give you a basic idea of the laptop's performance (not in depth but a general over view). My Toshiba (pretty dated) had a base score of 3.0, pretty much told me it isnt fantastic. My Asus has a base score of 5.0 (decent--its a great gaming laptop).

Down to HP or Toshiba tho, Id say go for the HP with a good processor. My old HP had an Athlon (bad, and blew out within a year and fried my motherboard) and that was when I was only using it for school work.

Price-wise the best are Asus ar vaio ( I can't remember who makes them) but of the two I prefer toshiba

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw an Acer notebook and it looked sexy. Yet the thing is, who the hell is Acer? Lol I ended up buying a Big Toshiba Netbook Satellite series and it came with Win7 and a 3 Year warranty that covers ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Toshiba For sure

HP's are notorious for motherboard failure. I would get a Dell or an Asus if it were me, as others have said.