Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Infraction

Default Infraction
    So i got an infraction for using the word for an app that let's u sync cracked apps. I honestly did not know, i thought it was so all 3rd party apps would sync with itunes. But im called a liar. But thats beside the point. Check this link, it is a forum search for that word. It should take you all month to hand out infractions to everyone who used it. U can start with the "official ios4 compatability list"

Sure there will be devs other mods and users rallying around the mod who carded me, that's the trendy thing to do. My infraction was for "posting warez" when all I did was type the name of an app which has been typed 100s if times along with others like installoubetternotsayit.

http://modmyi.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13184739

Thanks

real dramatical arent we...ok...people, lets get it clear...when u help someone who asks ho wsync apps he downloaded...we all kno that its not from itunes...then u go and suggest an app that not only is found on a repo we dont tolerate because its only about piracy...but the name says it all...and its description,...and with being a member since last year you should already kno the rules...nuff said

we dont tolerate warez here nor the helping of such things
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-08-06 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

whereswaldo (2010-08-06)

Fine. Call me a bonehead. I thought it was for 3rd party apps outside of iTunes, pirated or not. Now I know. So I got an infraction. But I wasn't trying to help someone pirate anymore than any other place ut was mentioned among other apps. If you notice my resolve ended with a ? Indicating I wasnt sure what it's exactly for and the op could have been referring to non pirated 3rd party apps. Believe what u will, piracy and cracked apps didn't even enter my thoughts. Just because I've been around a while doesn't mean I an nit capable if not getting something.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    So i got an infraction for using the word for an app that let's u sync cracked apps. I honestly did not know, i thought it was so all 3rd party apps would sync with itunes. But im called a liar. But thats beside the point. Check this link, it is a forum search for that word. It should take you all month to hand out infractions to everyone who used it. U can start with the "official ios4 compatability list"

Sure there will be devs other mods and users rallying around the mod who carded me, that's the trendy thing to do. My infraction was for "posting warez" when all I did was type the name of an app which has been typed 100s if times along with others like installoubetternotsayit.

ModMyi Forums - Search Results
    To say this politely you know what that word is and what it is used for. By posting that word and suggesting it to others you were teaching them what to use to use cracked apps. More or less saying it is ok to use cracked apps if you use this app.

Please be aware that apps such as you stated are not allowed on MMI. If you don't know what the app is then you should not suggest it as well.

Fine. Call me a bonehead. I thought it was for 3rd party apps outside of iTunes, pirated or not. Now I know. So I got an infraction. But I wasn't trying to help someone pirate anymore than any other place ut was mentioned among other apps. If you notice my resolve ended with a ? Indicating I wasnt sure what it's exactly for and the op could have been referring to non pirated 3rd party apps. Believe what u will, piracy and cracked apps didn't even enter my thoughts. Just because I've been around a while doesn't mean I am not capable of not getting something. I was honestly trying to help someone who I failed to understand what he was asking for since I didn't have a clear understanding i
    Of the app. Mentioning it in the compatibility list is also condoning it as well. I'm movin on.

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    Fine. Call me a bonehead. I thought it was for 3rd party apps outside of iTunes, pirated or not. Now I know. So I got an infraction. But I wasn't trying to help someone pirate anymore than any other place ut was mentioned among other apps. If you notice my resolve ended with a ? Indicating I wasnt sure what it's exactly for and the op could have been referring to non pirated 3rd party apps. Believe what u will, piracy and cracked apps didn't even enter my thoughts. Just because I've been around a while doesn't mean I am not capable of not getting something. I was honestly trying to help someone who I failed to understand what he was asking for since I didn't have a clear understanding i
    Of the app. Mentioning it in the compatibility list is also condoning it as well. I'm movin on.
    Bonehead
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No