Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what are these called?

Default what are these called?
    hey i was browsing through Head-fi and i came across these that someone on there got.

he never mentioned what they were but supposedly they have a iphone controller and the Jack is a three stripped jack so it had mic abilities.

here is a picture of them:

they look like Ultimate Ear metro's but the metro's do not have a controller as well it has an angled Jack like these:

http://sweb.cz/aradan/0020380015_1986.jpg

they don;t look modded but yah.. i want em..

any ideas?

yeh i read about that.. but i just wanted to avoid the $39.95 charge for the adapter and $80 for a good set of headphones

Those are ultimate Ears brand IEMs
    I would guess if they are only 80 bucks they are part of the metrofi line.
    The cool thing about UEs the cords are replaceable, they literally pull right out of the bottom (I have replaced mine once) and are usually around 20 bucks. So my guess is UE is making a speciality cord that plugs into any of there cans.

I have ordered the Belkin and I gotta say I am not impressed. It is kinda bulky where the adapter plugs into your headphones and the part that plugs into your phone does not have tension relief on the cord so I question its durablity.

I shot a message over to someone I know at UE, hopefully tomorrow we will hear back. Im stoked, I would love to get a set of cables like this for my superfi's. I was wondering when they would cash in on that. :P
    One more perk over shures
    Do you have the link for the head-fi thread?
    Last edited by Michael415; 2007-09-28 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yep

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ghlight=iphone

he didn;t mention what they were.. i know they are the UE Metro.fi but i was lost on the cable..

now that u said that i regret ordering the Shure MPA.. argh haha..

keep me updated.. i just order Super.fi studio 3's

Thanks

I don't see anything on their site about iPhone button / mic. Is it a special option or something??

Heard back from UE, appearently they don’t have one out yet. It is in the works so this guy either had it made or a prototype. One is in process so we just need to wait a bit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael415 For This Useful Post:

Simtech (2007-09-28)

serious.. well i guess it;s the shure mpa + UE super.fi studios...

i just won't like the fact that the cord will so damn long.. and the mic will no longer be by my mouth it'll be at my belt line..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael415 View Post
    Heard back from UE, appearently they donít have one out yet. It is in the works so this guy either had it made or a prototype. One is in process so we just need to wait a bit
    Thanks for the info. I'd be intersted if / when they came out one....