Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: fbi can activate your phones mic even when your phone is off???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    Which by the way, funnily enough, and i just thought of this...

Has anyone noticed that the people who say it can't be haven't given one shred of proof that they are right?

I mean sure they have told us their opinion, but as far as a credible source of information. I haven't seen one link, one reference or anything that proves their case.
    This is the kind of logic under educated lawyers try to bring forth. You're making a statement that you say is fact. It not up to us to disprove your claim, its up to you to prove it.

If a man is charged with murder, its not up to him to prove he didn't do it, its up the prosecutor to prove he did. And the examples go on and on... Good try though. I find conspiracy theorists arguments quite amusing.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Yes that is why our legal system works on the principle on innocent until proven guilty.

Look the simple answer is this. There are two people here who have said it's doable. We have given evidence that supports this, but you don't like the color of the source of evidence and because you don't like the color of the source of evidence you dismiss it as unreliable.

So maybe the question is, why don't you like the color of the source of evidence presented? Please tell me, what about the sources that makes them so unreliable, so inaccurate, and so undeniably fake that we can't even acknowledge them as being real?

In any event here is a more detailed article (although i doubt you will read them in their entirety), that tells you all the names of those involved and and the links to certain court documents that say that it happened, and that it was totally admissible in court.

That means that the courts accepted it as real evidence to be used against the defendant...

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6140191.html

oh and this next link is to a little backwoods hick, no name, redneck, hillbilly source that bears no relevancy to life at all that you really shouldn't click on cause they don't really exist either.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3522137.stm

And what conspiracy do you keep referring too?

(oh, and your saying that is not up to us to disprove your claim, but up to me to prove it, would have been relevant had i not brought forth information to the table that would say otherwise)
    Last edited by boe_dye; 2007-12-14 at 09:14 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Thanks
    I doubt bringing this thread back alive is a good idea... but what the hell...

Leaving all the legal stuff behind, here's what I think is a simple explanation for this subject:
    If a mobster or a suspected terrorist had a cell phone, he/she will probably use it to call someone or just to receive a call (why else would they carry the damn thing?). In either case, the phone is on at this point.
    While on (meaning the cellphone is connected to the carrier and ready to make and receive calls) you can access the phone SOMEHOW. Probably through TCP/IP or SMS or some internal carrier messages. The point is that in this situation you can access the cellphone and hack it using some exploit. Once this is achieved, the phone can be easily modified to APPEAR off when the "power off" function is selected, but in fact the phone is on and probably transmiting whatever you preconfigured it to do when you hack it in the first place.

The real problem with a cell phone is that you don't know if the phone is really on or off after you "power off" the phone. The only way to be sure is to scan the phone's radio (with a radio scanner) and make sure it isn't transmitting anything. This way you could at least be sure it isn't sending information anywhere...

Obviously every regular cellphone will NOT maintain their radio active after "power off" is selected, because that can be easily be found out and proven... (and would be a great violation to everyone's privacy and could result in millionaires demands )
    But if you manage to modify the phone's firmware to your advantage... that's a completely new story...
    Last edited by chronos; 2007-12-20 at 07:40 AM.
    It is not our abilities that show what we truly are, it is our choices.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chronos For This Useful Post:

boe_dye (2007-12-20)

you can't hack a cell phone...

in fact you can't even mod it...

Never the less, that is basically the point i have been trying to make...
    In fact the BBC article that i posted, which i doubt anyone read cause it would appear that the site was down for a spell shortly after i posted it, outlines that as a technique.

That would be one way to accomplish the feat, and quite honestly i think would be the easiest as opposed to any other type of discreet/remote activation.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. It's good to see someone else considering the possibility and actually thinking about how it could be done as opposed to whining about seeing conspiracy theories...

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe, maybe, but nothing about iPhone
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Thanks
    you can't hack a cell phone...

in fact you can't even mod it...

You are trying to prove something considered a conspiracy theory, talking about remote powering techniques only Nickolai Tesla thought about... and after those you STATE a cellphone can't be hacked?? For christ sake... give me a break!!

A cellphone can and has already been hacked. I remember a couple of years back when the silliest exploit was found for some model of Sony Ericsson where you simply send a hand crafted SMS and gained access to the whole cellphone.
    Imagen now a days, when cellphones are almost computers and most of them have internet access through their carriers. There is no UNHACKABLE device... and cellphones, besides being no exception, are more like an example. They must be quite easy to make them do things they aren't supposed to (aka hack them)

Just some final words...
    boe_dye, try to have for the rest, the same respect they had for your opinions. It is quite irritating to read something like "you can't hack a cell phone..." from someone that has been trying to prove something as obscure as remote powering procedures... (Inter alia)
    Regards

wow...

i was not in any way at all being serious about that last comment (hence the stupid little blue smiley)...

it was a sarcastic quip directed towards everyone who said something can't be done...

thats all that was... calm down...

i mean consider the implications of what i just said, where i said it...

that would be sheer madness on my part.

read the rest of my post in which i said that i agree with you...

welli for one dont really care! If you wanna hear me being all gooshy with my Girl, or just shooting the sh with my boys go ahead... You need a life if you that board! So in closing i believe that this drawn out mess had gone far to long. Stop breaking the law and you won't care.

its all just stupid leftist propaganda and all they are trying to do is get attention so they complain about the country.. if you dont like the way its run LEAVE!!!!

Thanks
    wow...

i was not in any way at all being serious about that last comment (hence the stupid little blue smiley)...
    Sorry for the misunderstanding... After having some rest, now that I re-read your post, what you say is so obvious...

I've sent a PM...

it's allright, it happens to the best of us

...and thank you for the kind word

Well I do care! What if the FBI finds out about the urani... I mean the um... the stuff... lol. Honestly, if you care this much about an agency that doesn't give a crap what pet name you call your gf in bed, or that you have lindsay lohans record, you should take a look around... lol. I think it would be funny if they were listening in on us like that. I've got nothing to hide. I don't trust them, but at the same time- nothing to hide Happy friday everyone! X-Mas is almost here, and I'm getting the MM50's from my GF .

Continue w/ the conspiracy
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

Haha, I don't think this was ever about the FBI listening to you call your sweety snookums. But rather how the FBI can apparently circumvent the laws of physics, according to two people here.

better go put on my tin foil hat. I thought this whole thing was debunked?
    You can find Sciphone in the Links section...

lol ah yeah
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

Wtf?
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

Use led instead of thin foil...it works better.

Banned
    Thanks

if that is ture (which i doubt) its kinda freaky

Thanks

What's freaky is that this thread is still going.

considering that for some reason i have never gotten around to unsubscribing to this thread, i am amused at some of the comments.

I have no idea why anyone would want to wear tin foil on their heads...

And while some might say that this has been debunked, i have yet to find anyone to actually offer any evidence that it has been debunked other then because eurisko said so...

So far, he disagrees with Foxnews, C|Net, zdnet, all say that it can be done...

Which is amusing to say the least, cause he hasn't given any reason why any of those sources are not reliable...

Except for that if it's on the internet it's not reliable...

I just think the fact that it is possible is kinda cool. It really has nothing to do with listening to anyone, and it has nothing to do with the fact that anyone would want to listen to you at all...

In fact in most peoples cases, they really wouldn't have much intelligent to say anyway, so why bother listening anyways?

Maybe if myth busters turned around and said it wasn't so, then it would be true, cause they are on television...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast