Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Can I ask you guy's a question that is messing with me?

  1. #1
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Default Can I ask you guy's a question that is messing with me?
    If the iPhone and this Tmobile unlock thing has gotten so much press about how this phone was never supposed to be on tmobile.......

    .......why are there tmobile carrier images stock in the iPhone? There are no other carrier images for any of the other companies except the expected UK carrier.


  2. #2
    Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,516
    Thanks
    577
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

    Apple knew they'd eventually have people unlocking it. Plus they prob tested it with different networks during test phases.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  3. #3
    Tmobile is originally an overseas company.
    From Engadget:
    The rumors are true: iPhone exclusively on T-Mobile Germany starting November 9th just like in the UK. The 8GB model will go for €399 (including V.A.T and 2-year T-Mobile tariff) and will be sold through Telekom Shops of Deutsche Telekom and the T-Mobile web shop. Yes, you still get access to the WiFi iTunes Store, Visual Voicemail, and, for better or worse, EDGE data. In fact, "by the end of 2007," T-Mobile will be the only provider in Germany to offer EDGE throughout its GSM network. Whoopee. Sorry, no mention of unlimited data or free WiFi hotspots but we'll update you as soon as we know.

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    If the iPhone and this Tmobile unlock thing has gotten so much press about how this phone was never supposed to be on tmobile.......

    .......why are there tmobile carrier images stock in the iPhone? There are no other carrier images for any of the other companies except the expected UK carrier.


  4. #4
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Just seems too convenient. Jobs is mad that the phone is on tmobile networks, but he included the carrier image knowing it was "never going to be on anything except at&t".

    Sounds to me like he's mad because we're ahead of his plans. Conspiracy theories aside, this is a US phone not an overseas phone. That should not be in there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalmike View Post
    Tmobile is originally an overseas company. And I believe is the German company thats getting the iPhone
    Yup, although it wasn't announce until earlier, I'm sure the paperwork for who dealt the phone overseas began long ago. T-Mobile has Germany so it makes sense for the phone to have T-Mobile icons on it since they all use the same software.

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Sounds to me like he's mad because we're ahead of his plans. Conspiracy theories aside, this is a US phone not an overseas phone. That should not be in there.
    No it isn't. Before the year ends it'll be on sale on most of Europe. It's an AT&T phone only in the US.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2007-09-25 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    Vodafone is in there. They dont have a US presence

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Just seems too convenient. Jobs is mad that the phone is on tmobile networks, but he included the carrier image knowing it was "never going to be on anything except at&t".

    Sounds to me like he's mad because we're ahead of his plans. Conspiracy theories aside, this is a US phone not an overseas phone. That should not be in there.

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Just wanted to know, thanks for the info

    Still ironic either way with the tmobile hatred from jobs lately and the fact he has to work this deal in europe it sounds like he is getting money from tmobile either way so he might not care to stop it.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Another way to think of it is... You agree to a two year contract. And technically you could then buy out of your contact the next day. Your obligation to ATT is now over. And you have the right to use the phone on any network that it will work on.

  9. #9
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    I bought my phone used. I agreed to nothing with no one and it was already activated. That's my loophole.

    Besides, many people bought their phone straight from apple rather than AT&T...... They agreed to nothing since they didn't buy it through AT&T IMO.

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I bought my phone used. I agreed to nothing with no one and it was already activated. That's my loophole.
    This part I believe you are correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Besides, many people bought their phone straight from apple rather than AT&T...... They agreed to nothing since they didn't buy it through AT&T IMO.
    This part is a little different. When you get on itunes for the first time to activate the phone, you do agree to a 2 year contract.

  11. #11
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Who says you get on itunes to activate? I had to restore my phone due to a glitch when I was jailbreaking it and I cut right through the activation with the activation unlocker. (not phone unlocker)

    My phone never saw itunes until two days later when it was ready for music and video. (and had everything on gods planet loaded on it)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Who says you get on itunes to activate? I had to restore my phone due to a glitch when I was jailbreaking it and I cut right through the activation with the activation unlocker. (not phone unlocker)

    My phone never saw itunes until two days later when it was ready for music and video. (and had everything on gods planet loaded on it)
    ...that's mainly what he is mad about. you are technically supposed to activate through itunes and therefore sign the at&t two year contract. if jobs wanted you to be able to activate it out of itunes he would have supplied the unlocking and activation programs.

    just merely saying that this is the way it is supposed to have happened.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."


    Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •