Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default New Firmware
    I know im asking a lot of questions but im just new to this stuff lol so dont mind me asking:

If I order my iPhone today do you think it will ship with 1.02? Or is it going to come with the new firmware coming out soon?

Thanks,
    Zach

Thanks

how is it gonna come with the new firmeware if it hasnt came out yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, it is possible.

It is also very unlikely. Never say never, but use a little rationality too

Thanks

nope...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    nope...
    But... But rationality is good...
    ._.

I would say no unless you got unlucky and ended up with the shipment with the new firmware. Look at this way, all phones out there right now has old firmwares and since the new firmware isn't out yet no phones being made should have the firmware until its public.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    I would say no unless you got unlucky and ended up with the shipment with the new firmware. Look at this way, all phones out there right now has old firmwares and since the new firmware isn't out yet no phones being made should have the firmware until its public.
    thank you...

I knew I was right..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    how is it gonna come with the new firmeware if it hasnt came out yet
    The firmware is DAYS away from release. You do not have the new firmware, apple does. Apple is not going to ship phones out with old firmware. I suspect they have a set date, likely a week before the new firmware update, that they start setting the phones up with the new firmware. This way when the firmware rolls out, the user getting his phone will have the new firmware at the date it is released.

Likely, yes... yours will come with new firmware.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    The firmware is DAYS away from release. You do not have the new firmware, apple does. Apple is not going to ship phones out with old firmware. I suspect they have a set date, likely a week before the new firmware update, that they start setting the phones up with the new firmware. This way when the firmware rolls out, the user getting his phone will have the new firmware at the date it is released.

u would think so but isn't that something that they user can update too when they get the phone? why waste all that time spending money on having the new firmware installed when the user can do it when they get the phone.

just a different perspective in hopes of u getting the old firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you imagine how long it would take to get all iphones currently in stores, warehouses, and retailers. Open up all the packaging install new firmware on all the phones and then re-pacskage them????

Orrrrr............ sell all phones at current firmware and have the customer do it.

Apple is not going to ship phones out with old firmware.
    My fiance bought an iphone on saturday. And had to upgrage to 1.0.2

ok..i just wanted to get this str8...this new firmware that is coming out...does that mean that EVERYONE must not update just yet..or the people that have unlocked it to other carriers?...because my fone isnt unlocked.. yet i still have apps and themes etc... on it...so can i get the update?...or wll it mess with that stuff too?

To Subzero:

NO, your phone will not force an update.
    It will tell you and advise you to update, but it will never force you.

Back to the main topic.

I'd say, Most likely NO.
    If you purchased your phone today, you'll get it tomro (off the apple store), And i dont think the firmware is coming out tomro, I think its more end of this week.

I wouldnt worry anyway, just keep your Iphone in the box and stay on MMi for the firmware jailbreak and unlocker.

To keep it simple for some people:

Apple has currently still stocked up Ipods of the old firmware, only NEW shipments being shipped out after the public release date of the firmware should have the new firmware. I bet you can even find 4 GB Iphones if you looked hard enough.

To the firmware update:

You ever owned an orginal PSP? Its the same thing here. You can choose to keep your phone unlocked and not update the firmware but you can't enjoy the new features the firmware might have. If you choose to update, you will loose all the mods you have done. Also like the PSP, people will find a way around the new firmware updates.

Also if you are planning to buy an Iphone within the next week or so, like I am, and is worried about the firmware. Just charge the phone, check out the firmware number and if it matches to the current guide, go ahead and mod. If its different, hold onto it until a new mod shows up on the forums. So I believe if the firmware is higher than 1.02, dont mod the phone. Otherwise you should be fine.
    Last edited by danman227460; 2007-09-25 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    u would think so but isn't that something that they user can update too when they get the phone? why waste all that time spending money on having the new firmware installed when the user can do it when they get the phone.

just a different perspective in hopes of u getting the old firmware
    i knew i wasnt the only one that thinks around here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg md View Post
    Can you imagine how long it would take to get all iphones currently in stores, warehouses, and retailers. Open up all the packaging install new firmware on all the phones and then re-pacskage them????

Orrrrr............ sell all phones at current firmware and have the customer do it.
    Yeah you totally missed that one. Lemme try again.....

He said ORDER a new phone which means coming straight from apple. Not "sitting on a shelf at a retailer" not "currently in a store", but ordering from the apple site. If that is not what he meant when he said it, then it changes the logistics of the conversation entirely, but that IS what he meant assumingly since that is what he said.

Everything shipping from apple will have the new firmware right before it is to be released. As far as "miles of iphones sitting on shelves" you are dreaming on that one my friend. These things are going faster than free fries at McDonalds. Nothing "sits" at apple that has an iphone on the front of the box.

Whatever little backstock Apple had recently in this "warehouse" had to be completely inspected for the black screen issues before being shipped out which while plugged in provides for ample time to drop new firmware in for the new shipments while the screens were getting verified. As it was, apple was moments away from a total recall for bad screens, but fortunately at this moment has not turned out to be big enough for a recall, just wty swap on the tens of thousands of phones with bad screens.

well, here's a situation. I got a refurb 8gb iPhone (i know it's only 50 bucks less but I had a $30 coupon and the thought of getting a 8gb for $319 excited the hell out of me plus I've had pretty good experience with apple refurbs) and ordered it on the 25th. Fedex tracking says it shipped on the 26th and I should be getting it in a few days. Yesterday, they released the update. You think I'll be one of those "unlucky" souls?