Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Important decision, need help

Default Important decision, need help
    I unlocked my iphone with ziphone about a week ago. I understand it downgrades the bootloader, so I threw my phone on craigslist today and am selling it tomorrow. I am an att customer and wanted to unlock it to try and use a dual sim(hasnt arrived yet). I was 1.1.3 and used the first ziphone gui to unlock that. I restored to 1.1.4 and itunes gave me an error "blah blah music store not availabe error blah blah." I used ziphone 2.5 to unlock from there and all was good. Now I have a few questions.
    1- I am going to buy my new one tomorrow from an att store, can I take it home and activate it or will they do it there.
    2- Will they be suspicious of me purchasing a new iphone to replace one I already have? Does it matter?
    3- Since Itunes recognized my phone as being unlocked and gave me an error as described earlier, will it not allow me to connect a fresh phone, because I have a history of hacking my phones?
    3- Is there a jailbreak for 1.1.4 OTB. I keep seeing restore to 1.1.4. Does this only pertain to firmwares below 1.1.4?

If I can get a new phone successfully connected to my itunes, I am just going to jailbreak it and save the unlocking for when I want to sell it. But I feel good about it, I am selling it to a guy tomorrow, it is 16gb,unlocked jailbroken and full of apps for 499, hopefully he doesnt rob me
    Last edited by alectra82; 2008-03-14 at 10:45 AM.

Why are you selling it again?

To answer your Q's:

1: They cannot open the packaging in the store (since it is sealed). If they do, tell them that it is a gift for someone.
    2: No, I sold my 8GB model and bought a 16GB. I even told the rep that I sold it so that I could get a 16GB model. They don't give a crap, they're selling an iPhone either way.
    3: It won't care.
    4 (3??): ZiPhone should work.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2008-03-15)