Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ + 1

He did everything he could to recapture his lost childhood

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

If anyone is interested... Home - Joost has put a wonderful collection of Michael Jackson's video's up on their site to watch! I enjoyed each and everyone of them.... I could watch him preform all day long... )

100 interesting facts about Michael Jackson...

1. Michael Jackson's favorite animated character was Pinocchio
    2. When he was a child his favourite books included Rip Van Winkle and The Old Man and the Sea
    3. Michael Jackson was very ticklish
    4. Saint Vincent, an island in the Caribbean, once issued Michael Jackson stamps
    5. The singer once owned a boa constrictor called “Muscles”
    6. As a youngster he used to put spiders in sister La Toyah’s bed
    7. He played a scarecrow in The Wiz, a movie version of the Wizard of Oz
    8. He has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (one for himself and one as part of the Jackson Five)
    9. Quincy Jones nicknamed him “smelly” – a slang term similar to “funky”
    10. Jackson described his own voice on early Jackson 5 records as “like Minnie Mouse”
    11. He was a big fan of The Three Stooges
    12. He is an Exeter City fan
    13. He had two llamas called Louis and Lola
    14. Thriller spent 37 weeks at number one in the US Billboard chart.
    15. In 1984 he won eight Grammy’s – the joint highest amount ever won by one person in a single year
    16. He gave his first public performance at the age of 5 singing Climb Every Mountain
    17. He had eight brothers and sisters
    18. His marriage to Lisa-Marie Presley lasted only 19 months
    19. Jackson paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of to Sony in 1995 for $95 million
    20. His middle name was Joseph
    21. He was born on Aug 29, 1958
    22. At the Brit Awards in 1996 Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker took exception to his bombastic performance of Earth Song and ran on to the stage
    23. Jackson was very fond of Mexican food
    24. In 1993 Jackson’s dermatologist said he had a rare skin disease called vitiligo, which causes sufferers to lose pigmentation in their skin
    25. Thriller is the world’s best-selling record of all time with an estimated 50 million copies sold worldwide
    26. Two of his other albums – Bad and Dangerous – are also among the world’s best-selling records
    27. He popularised dance moves including the robot and the moonwalk
    28. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice
    29. He won 13 Grammy Awards
    30. Billie Jean was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV.
    31. Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State Anthem, South Carolina on My Mind.
    32. He has waxworks in five Madame Tussauds museums across the world. Only Elvis Presley and Madonna have more.
    33. He has sold more than 300 million records worldwide
    34. His favourite superhero is Morph from X-Men
    35. He had a pet ram called Mr Tibbs
    36. His total lifetime earnings from music are estimated at $500 million
    37. Jackson regularly wore a black armband to remind people of children suffering around the world.
    38. The moonwalk was picked up from street dancers
    39. Little Richard wanted to be played by Jackson in a biopic
    40. Jackson had a pet python called Crusher
    41. In 1984 a French fan committed suicide because he couldn’t have surgery to look like Jackson
    42. The video for Scream was the most expensive ever at £3.8 million.
    43. A library once accused the singer of owing $1 million in overdue book fines
    44. Jackson was a vegetarian
    45. He won an MTV award for Best Movie Song in 1994. It was for Will You Be There from the movie Free Willy
    46. HIStory was the biggest selling double album ever released in the United States
    47. Jackson was given a royal title in the Ivory Coast in 1992
    48. Before concerts he would drink Ricola candy dissolved in hot water
    49. His birthplace Gary, Indiana, is planning a museum in his honour
    50. The singer patented a shoe device that allowed dancers to lean forward at gravity defying angles
    51. He was a best man at Liza Minnelli’s wedding to David Gest
    52. The largest television audience in US history watched him perform at half time during the 1993 Super Bowl
    53. Martin Scorcese once directed a Jackson video
    54. A survey in 1997 declared him the Most Famous Person in the World
    55. He paid $1.5 million in 1999 to buy for the 1939 Oscar for best film won by Gone With The Wind
    56. Jackson once described Elizabeth Taylor as “a warm cuddly blanket that I love to snuggle up to”
    57. He recorded a voice-over on The Simpsons
    58. Macauley Culkin is godfather to two of Jackson’s children
    59. Jackson co-wrote We Are The World with Lionel Richie
    60. He is godfather to Nicole Richie
    61. He is also godfather to Bee Gees singer Barry Gibb’s son Michael
    62. Jackson shares a birthday with Sir Richard Attenborough and actress Rebecca DeMornay
    63. At the time of his death Jackson was rehearsing for his greatest comeback, with 50 shows scheduled in London
    64. He was four years old when he began singing with his brothers Marlon, Jermaine, Jackie and Tito in the Jackson 5
    65. The Jackson 5’s number one hits included “I Want You Back,” “ABC” and “I’ll Be There”
    66. In 2002 Jackson caused controversy when he playfully dangled his infant son, Prince Michael II, over a hotel balcony in Berlin in front of fans
    67. MC Hammer once challenged Jackson to a dance off
    68. In a TV documentary he acknowledged sharing his bed with children but described the practice as sweet, and not sexual
    69. During production of a 1984 Pepsi advertisement Jackson sustained burns when an explosion set his hair on fire
    70. Jackson’s 13 number one hits on the US Billboard charts put him behind only Elvis Presley, the Beatles and Mariah Carey
    71. Jackson’s father Joseph worked in a steel mill
    72. Joseph Jackson and his brother Luther were in an R&B band called The Falcons
    73. Michael was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness by his mother
    74. In a 1993 interview with Oprah Winfrey the singer spoke of a traumatic childhood including suffering from loneliness
    75. Jackson showed his singing talent at the age of five when he performed at a Christmas recital
    76. The family band was originally called the Jackson Brothers
    77. Michael was promoted to joint lead vocals at the age of eight and the band became the Jackson 5
    78. They toured extensively in the US Midwest from 1966 to 1968
    79. He initially used his eccentricities to promote his music but strongly disliked the “Wacko Jacko” nickname
    80. Wild stories about him included that he slept in an oxygen chamber and that he bought the bones of The Elephant Man.
    81. During the world tour for Bad he performed to 4.4 million people
    82. His first autobiography, Moon Walk, took four years to complete
    83. The book reached the top of The New York Times best sellers’ list
    84. Jackson admitted to having had two nose jobs
    85. He suggested weight loss and a strict vegetarian diet had contributed to the change in his appearance
    86. He paid $17 million in 1988 for the land in California that became the Neverland Ranch
    87. The 2,700-acre property had a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theatre.
    88. Its grounds were protected by a security staff of 40
    89. Neverland was valued at $100 million in 2003
    90. The profits from his single “Man in the Mirror” went to charity
    91. In 1991 he signed a contract with Sony worth $65 million
    92. In 1992 he founded the Heal the World Foundation which brought underprivileged children to Neverland and made donations worldwide
    93. When he visited the African country of Gabon 100,000 people turned out to see him
    94. Jackson’s most famous pet was Bubbles the chimpanzee
    95. Bubbles was adopted at the age of three from a cancer research clinic in Texas.
    96. Bubbles sat in on recording sessions for the Bad album and accompanied Jackson to Tokyo
    97. The artist Jeff Koons made a series of sculptures of Jackson and Bubbles
    98. Jackson fathered two children with Deborah Jeanne Rowe – Michael Joseph Jackson Junior (also known as “Prince”) and a daughter, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson
    99. The couple divorced in 1999 and Rowe gave full custody rights to Jackson
    100. Vitiligo, the skin disease from which he suffered, affects 1 to 2 per cent to 2 per cent of the population

Michael Jackson: 100 facts about the king of pop - Telegraph
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2009-06-28 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^interesting

there will never be another like mj

What's Jailbreak? Thegrassbends's Avatar
    Thanks
    Billy Mays passed away this morning, at 50.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I recommend "The Essential" off itunes if you are going to spend any coin on MJ songs. I have scanned my 250GB of music and found many MJ albums, but this one is by far and way the best.

Thanks

Was watching Nancy Grace and they were talking about the inquirer and the headlines six months ago that I was not aware of.... but according to their headlines Michael only had six months to live... I googled it and here is my results..

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=nation+inquirer+michael+jackson+six+months+to +live&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8]nation inquirer michael jackson six months to live - Google Search[/ame]

Thanks

oh goodness read this guys! Wow this is awful!

According to Michael Jackson's largest online fan club, MJ fanatics have been recently committing suicide because of the pop star's tragic death.
    The Sun is reporting that up to 12 die-hard Jackson followers have taken their own lives since his passing on Thursday.

Gary Taylor, who runs MJJcommunity.com, recently said, "I know there has been an increase, I now believe the figure is 12. I believe there may have been one Briton who has taken their life. It is a serious situation that these people are going through but Michael Jackson would never want this. He would want them to live."

This crazy news came to light when it was revealed that a Jackson lookalike in Russia cut his wrists after Michael's death was announced last week. The fan, Pável Talaláyev, was found bleeding heavily at his home in Moscow just hours after it was announced that Jackson had died. Luckily for him, an ambulance crew found him in time and managed to save his life. Apparently others have not been so fortunate.

The most insane aspect of this story has to be the conversation that took place in the ambulance after the paramedics had saved Talaláyev from death.

One of the paramedics stated, "He was in a terrible state and kept on saying: 'It's all the same to me. I'm going to kill myself. It's the worst tragedy of my life and I don't want to live any more. I don't know why you saved my life, I want to be with him'."

Pável is supposedly Russia's most famous Jacko lookalike and apparently modeled himself after MJ from the age of nine.

Hot damn.

Michael Jackson Fans are Committing Suicide

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Ya know, this stuff just blows my mind. People that take their own lives I could never understand. But to take their own lives because this man death, sorry I feel nothing for them. Losers.
    Harsh, perhaps, but just me. I feel for the families and friends for their loss.
    Just my opinion. No disrespect meant to anyone else.

Thanks

i drew this on brushes app..

thanks MJ for living in my generation bringing music that change the world.. this is for you
    R.I.P MJ
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123