Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone Up For A Chalenge?

Default Anyone Up For A Chalenge?
    so i got this email a few weeks ago with this new format for the screen . . .

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/131

so i was thinking about how i could break away from the iphone flat sort of screen and make a kind of box. with fixed icons but at least give is some depth . . .

just an idea for now
    tell me what you think?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

thats been out for some time for windows, i didnt really care for it, and it is a memory hog

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

BumpTop is an amazing idea, but I don't think the iPhones screen is big enough. It also utilizes right click a lot.

What you probably could do, though, is make a demoapp icon or wallpaper that has a 3-D look to it,with incorperated icons in it, and make the apps icon.png transparent. That would at least give it a 3-d look without hogging resources...

so you can get this program for windows? where at...haha

but i think would be a nice idea..instead of all the changing sizes, just be able to slide the icons around/ put them in corners and such...as for as rearning back to order, one simple touch in the middle would rearange them back to normal...

overall i think it would be a good idea
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

well i know that it wont be able to fuction like bumptop. i just liked the look of it . . .

although if it were posible that would be cool
    (right click could just be double click) . . . im sure if somone really wanted they could work it out . . its almost a whole new software . .

anyway . . . i was just interested in having like a 3D box wall paper and have the icons look like they were on the wall or leaned up . . . somthing that doesnt look flat . . .

im alright at designing stuff like that but im sure someone outthere is much better
    hence me sending out the idea

I hate to bump this over my help topic.. but I have an idea..

What about a cube.. on each cube it has a different background(optional), and the dock stays the same all across the board.

On each new side of the cube... you have more icons. On the first side, you have the apple default ones, then with a simple flick to the right, this cube rotates in the direction you flicked and more icons appear. But you still have your dock icons.. phone etc.

Kinda understand?

Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    I hate to bump this over my help topic.. but I have an idea..

What about a cube.. on each cube it has a different background(optional), and the dock stays the same all across the board.

On each new side of the cube... you have more icons. On the first side, you have the apple default ones, then with a simple flick to the right, this cube rotates in the direction you flicked and more icons appear. But you still have your dock icons.. phone etc.

Kinda understand?

Is this possible?
    That is an excellent idea! I just wonder how feasible it is...

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

yea yea its sorta like iswap but way more smooth . .

i really like that idea . .

yea if we can get the ok on if its posible i think we should really get into how this would work . . . hopefuly we can make it one of the much nicer app/software out there

instead of just throwing out a beta we should go through it thoroughly