Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile has an iPhone patch?

Default T-Mobile has an iPhone patch?
    I called tmobile to add unlimited data today. He asked what phone it was for and when I said an iPhone, he said if all my features don't work to call back and they can send a 'patch' OTA. WTF? Does anyone know anything about this? Since my youtube isn't working i'm gonna have them swnd it and see whats up.

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I'd be interested to see what he means. Most likely just a browser message to hope to set settings correctly, but if it is something more, or even if it is that, that'd be very interesting...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iphone internet also works with 5.99 t zones connection and is working fin with me with youtube and all other features tooo thnks

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    iphone internet also works with 5.99 t zones connection and is working fin with me with youtube and all other features tooo thnks
    it didn't work for me. I have a friend in the northeastern part of the country who had full Internet privelges on his motorola with the 5.99 option, but I copied his settings exactly and could do no more than use the built-in browser. I just don't think they've locked it down in all of their areas yet. Anyway, I'm going to call them and report what happens

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Our iPhones work fine with T-Mobile with not **** from them. My Fiance changed our plans to the other option, not the $5.99 one I don't think (I'll have to go check).

T-Mobile shouldn't be sending any patches to your phone, it sounds to me like you have someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

My YouTube worked find after I ran PACAY.
    ~Jen

It's not really a ""patch" per se. It's an SMS message which contains all of the connection information for the GPRS settings. They rarely work, though.