Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Apple ProCare worth it?

Arrow Is Apple ProCare worth it?
    So I keep amking plans to go to the apple store, forgetting that I never set up an appt.

The hell kind of company makes you reserve to get a problem fixed is my question.. but i digress.

So I go in, and I ask to be placed on standby... the woman told me that I am too late to go onto standby.

So I am walking around the store pissed (i just sold this phone on ebay and REALLY need to have it replaced.. i sold it as a refurb with no blemishes lol), and I see this black card that says "PROCARE".
    I took the flyer, and read it.

It is a cut-the-line, you-paid-us-$99-so-you-have-priority card.
    It pissed me off even more.

Then I began thinking...
    This is maybe the... 4th or 5th time this has happened. I always buy friends iphones for cheap, bring them in, get them replaced, and sell them on ebay. And rarely do I remember to make an appointment so I end up having to mail it off.
    Well this phone is out of phone support, but still covered by hardware support.

Anyway though...

Is ProCare worth it?

Like it has happened many times now and
    ***btw i asked the guy there and though it is for macbooks, they wont tell you no if you use it for an iphone or ipod***
    i am just afraid i will never need it.

So what do you guys think?

Ever saved your lives or is it worthless?

I am not very well versed in the world of macs, but I get by just fine. I just hate the fact that I try to make a reservation for next friday and it gives me only tuesday between 3-4. OR i try to make one for friday the 12th on tuesday the 9th and it gives me Wednesday, Thursday, Monday.

So anyway,

Opinions??

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I have it on all of my Apple products.... and yes needed it on my macbook because my cdrom went on it..... made the appointment took it in and they were kind enough to fix it over night for me....

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I have it on all of my Apple products.... and yes needed it on my macbook because my cdrom went on it..... made the appointment took it in and they were kind enough to fix it over night for me....
    according to the terms you can only cover 3 macbooks, and nothing else... though i did ask them at the store and they told me it IS only for the macbooks but they won't refuse you if you want to use it otherwise.