Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent Help!!

Default Urgent Help!!
    Ok, so I jailbreaked and I got installer and summerboard and stuff..

I was messing around with the files uploading a battery icon..

Then I got an error and it closed everything out.. now I can open iBrickr but it wont detect my phone... I went to iTunes to restore my phone, and it extracts software and then says preparing.. then.. i get an error..

it says "The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error has occured (1604)."

Please help.. I have turned my iPhone on and off.. reset it, and now it is on the please connect to iTunes.. I cant get out of it since my iTunes wont let me restore..
    HELP!!!

Thanks in advanced..

Try putting your iPhone in Restore mode (hold down "power" and "home" buttons until you get the yellow triangle)

Oops sorry, you already did that.

Try rebooting your computer, unplug your iPhone. Turn off your iPhone, then turn it back on and force it into restore mode, then plug it back into your computer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

James1906 (2007-09-25)

Hah.. will do.. the iPhone is in like permanent yellow triangle mode..

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Hah.. will do.. the iPhone is in like permanent yellow triangle mode..
    The power button should turn it off. Then once you're ready, turn it on but then hold down both buttons to force it into restore / recovery mode

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

James1906 (2007-09-25)

I am trying again.. it said iPhone is in recovery mode, you must restore this iPhone in order to use or something along those lines..

I will update in a few minutes..

I am trying again.. it said iPhone is in recovery mode, you must restore this iPhone in order to use or something along those lines..

I will update in a few minutes..
    Yup, that's you're only option at this point..

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I LOVEEEEE YOU.

Understand that?

Thank you so much =]]]]]]]

Ok, so I jailbreaked and I got installer and summerboard and stuff..

I was messing around with the files uploading a battery icon..

Then I got an error and it closed everything out.. now I can open iBrickr but it wont detect my phone... I went to iTunes to restore my phone, and it extracts software and then says preparing.. then.. i get an error..

it says "The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error has occured (1604)."

Please help.. I have turned my iPhone on and off.. reset it, and now it is on the please connect to iTunes.. I cant get out of it since my iTunes wont let me restore..
    HELP!!!

Thanks in advanced..

I am having the same sick error and with a brand new iphone.

Help! I have that same problem. I've tryed everything to restore it, but I still end up error 1604 or with iTunes 7.3 error 1603??

Default Follow CyberGreg's instructions and you'll be fine.
    Thanks CyberGreg. You ROCK!

I've tried the same thing you explained here but still getting the same error...do you know why?? Im currently running Itunes 7.3.0.54...do you think it has something to do with the Itunes Version? PLEASE HELP!! I think I bricked my Iphone

Ok, now I downloaded the last version of Itunes 7.4.2 and still having the same issue!!! Pls HEEEEEEELLLP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Try putting your iPhone in Restore mode (hold down "power" and "home" buttons until you get the yellow triangle)

Oops sorry, you already did that.

Try rebooting your computer, unplug your iPhone. Turn off your iPhone, then turn it back on and force it into restore mode, then plug it back into your computer.
    CyberGreg, need your help!!! I've tried this procedure over and over with no luck. I tried it with Itunes 7.3.0.54 getting error 1603 and with Itunes 7.4.2 getting error 7.4.2 ... think I bricked my Iphone! pls help!!
    Last edited by fastmedia10; 2007-09-27 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost