Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone on ebay

Default Ziphone on ebay
    I was browsing through ebay and ran across this auction that is selling the ziphone software

http://cgi.ebay.com/iPHONE-SIM-1-CLI...QQcmdZViewItem

people making money off of a free unlock software? that sickens me..
    Last edited by frank1123; 2008-03-07 at 08:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frank1123 View Post
    I was browsing through ebay and ran across this auction that is selling the ziphone software

http://cgi.ebay.com/iPHONE-SIM-1-CLI...QQcmdZViewItem

people making money off of a free unlock software? that sickens me..
    This really makes me sick... That guy should be blackballed completely from any and all communities if he is a part. That is utter ********.

that's not right, developers work real hard to provide us with this great free software and people just go and make money from it saying its their software.

Thanks

As per the other thread on this subject, its already in the works to remove this guy
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

hedsick (2008-03-07), ipirate (2008-03-08), MadMarine 525 (2008-03-08)

What a Schmo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    As per the other thread on this subject, its already in the works to remove this guy
    Awesome, but after going to ebay and looking around... there's 17000 of the things, I just don't understand why people are so damn greedy. I mean really. It's free because the developer wants it to be, who are they to put a price on it?

What Zibri should do is copyright it so he can sue the crap out of the people selling it on ebay (i know it kinda ruins the whole point of us having it too, but he can let the people who matter (ones not trying to rip him off) have it for free.) haha

Thanks

anything for a buck now a days...

Green Apple
    Thanks

people are easily taken for their money on ebay...so thats what people do...they use it to their advantage....i am not sticking up for them but there are always a few bad apples i guess you could say....like the people listing their xbox 360 box on ebay.....they were literally selling the empty package that the xbox 360 came in...and it actually stated that in the auction description....although i am sure the guy didn't mention that the software he was selling was free....people need to be better educated before they buy on ebay...just like the motorola bluetooth music headset that is labeled in the title "for iphone"....i guess we all know how that would work out if you paid the 60 or 70 bucks for them.
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

That's a damn shame but it's expected because that's just human nature. Hopefully sooner than later Eurisko ,p.s could sum1 kick that guy in the balls(wishful thinking)

lol
    -iP3G RebelSIM -Tmo
    -iFone 2nd Gen - 2.0 - Tmo
    -iMac 24" running WinXP Pro
    -Black Berry Pearl
    -HTC Tilt unlocked WM6.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

What would be funnier is if this guy just emailed you the link to Ziphone's download page. The really sad part is that people will buy this, in droves because they really are that ignorant.

yup, just like the people that sell you a picture of a phone, not a picture phone- lmao
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

i'm tempted to undercut them, sell them for a penny, and direct all sales to ziphone

did anyone notice the "As Seen on Tv" bit....

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erdcaged View Post
    did anyone notice the "As Seen on Tv" bit....
    Yeah -- must've been sandwich between Geico commercials...

http://www.iphonegeek.com/
    This site is doing the same exact thing... Yesterday, they had a image of ZiPhone on thier site...

http://www.iphonegeek.com/iphone-unlock.html

There is the Ziphone image...

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
    http://www.iphonegeek.com/
    This site is doing the same exact thing... Yesterday, they had a image of ZiPhone on thier site...

http://www.iphonegeek.com/iphone-unlock.html

There is the Ziphone image...
    haha I see their ads running here on MMI

ok
    Last edited by itzadeelio3; 2008-03-13 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    Awesome, but after going to ebay and looking around... there's 17000 of the things, I just don't understand why people are so damn greedy. I mean really. It's free because the developer wants it to be, who are they to put a price on it?

What Zibri should do is copyright it so he can sue the crap out of the people selling it on ebay (i know it kinda ruins the whole point of us having it too, but he can let the people who matter (ones not trying to rip him off) have it for free.) haha
    Zibri would be in quite a pickle, because ZiPhone has a bunch of copyrighted code from Apple, so copyrighting it would just get him sued by Apple, not to mention the dev team since they made the exploit while he posted random strings of code from IDA in the private dev channel.

Well....while I DO think it is greedy to sell ZiPhone on eBay, I really have low tolerance/pity
    level for people that are STUPID enough to buy it. There's a sucker born every minute, so
    more power to whomever takes advantage of them. (must be Republicans)