Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bikers

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Default bikers
    anybody anybody? whatcha riding these days? I'm lookin at getting either a Kawasaki Ninja 250R or 500R, or even a Suzuki GS500F as my very first bike, what do y'all think? Anybody have suggestions for a better bike hopefully something not too heavy and with a lil power but easy to learn on.

My baby's......

2003 Honda Superhawk (VTR 1000) and 2005 Kawasaki ZX10

Gatlinburg day ride....(I actually took that pic, even though it looks like something out of a magazine )

A day shredding through Helen.....(My Superhawk is the Blue one up front)

This one didnt come out good......

Last edited by cpjr; 2009-03-25 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks

nice would that be a decent bike to start on?

Neither one of those would be a good bike to start on....unless you wanna kill yourself

The Superhawk is nicknamed "The wheelie king" (not by me) because its a 1000cc V-twin which is very torquey. Power ups in first, second and third (if your good) are no problem.

The ZX-10 is an even nastier beast, I bought an 05 because it was the last year before they started "de-tuning" them a little. Loads of power....the bike will really shred the back tire. It's got a few different things done and have been dynoed at 182hp at the rear tire.

Anyways....dont go buying a 1000cc bike as your "starter" A 600cc or 750cc would be good. It really depends on how much self control you have.

Cause you can do some really really bad things on a small bike too, its all about the rider.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-03-25 at 03:44 AM.

Thanks

Yeah both the bikes I've been looking at have been 500cc minus the 250R Ninja bike. I'll probably look but I think all I can afford is this: Suzuki 2005 GS500F and he lowered the price down to 2,999.

Well, of course it all depends on how much you can spend. My ZX10 was $9k used and the VTR was $6k.

A very nice bike that is a blast to ride and pretty comfortable, and has a good bit of power but would make a good starter too.......is a Honda VFR750. Its got a V-4 and is considered a "sport touring" bike. Also, dont know how new you want, but you can find a slightly older one for probably your price range.

This was my first bike...bought in 2003 it was a 1997 w/ 11k miles on it at the time. Excellent bike, and would last you a long time.

Thanks

And if you have been riding as long as I have been,then you can jump on one of this (Suzuki Hayabusa 1340 2009 - Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Monster Energy 2009)

^Hahaha, The only time I actually thought I was gonna be thrown off the back was hammering down on my buddies modded ZX14 on the highway Power for days

Thanks

I was riding a friend of mines Suzuki Hayabusa and was smoking the back wheel off of it, one second and the next the front is up in the air when I'm catching second gear,third etc etc etc...

Thanks

Yeah, I think I could probably swing it with my parents to get some money to go ahead and buy the GS500, but that would be about it. Is 16 too young to start riding? I mean they let you drive and get your unrestricted motorcycle license when your 16... but what do y'all think?

Here's an 04 CBR1000 I used to have.....I riding it the way your supposed too

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    What I think your shoes look like in this picture \/

I would be so afraid to ride on a motorcycle for fear of crashing. Not fearing for my life, but for the life of my iPhone in my pocket.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Lol. Hahaha, they are the all black version of these....

Lol. Hahaha, they are the all black version of these....
    Whatever, I made up my mind. In my head you are wearing Penny Loafers. Nothing is more BA than a biker with Penny Loafers anyway.

^That would be pretty slick **bows head and shakes**

I did see someone going down the road on a bike one day with bare feet

Everytime I get on a bike....its with $1200 worth of gear on. It will save your life.

It will save your life.
    What about your iPhone though? If you crash it's done son.

I was in a hurry one day (at one time I used a holster belt clip for my iphone) and left it clipped to my pocket....rode all the way, about 30 minutes, to my buddies house before I realized I had left it there.

I figured....god kept it from falling off

We were riding one day and a buddy was in front of me....he popped a wheelie and his keys (car, house, work, everything) that was under his seat fell out a small hole and hit the road....then me and about 5 other people ran over them and kept going, we couldnt stop on the highway

I was in a hurry one day (at one time I used a holster belt clip for my iphone) and left it clipped to my pocket....rode all the way, about 30 minutes, to my buddies house before I realized I had left it there.

I figured....god kept it from falling off
    So it's true then. God uses an iPhone too.

^It must be. Because it was a miracle.

Either than or he's a fan of Penny Loafers also and he said "Gotta help a brother out."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast