Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bikers

Thanks

Ok, for those of you who know, how would you feel about a Kawa 650R as a starter bike? Or too much power? I'm a big dude, tall and what not, average weight, so I think I could handle a heavier bike, but what about the power?

(I skipped counting the 500R in there because of it's horrid body style... 250R is another choice, but it just seems not powerful enough for me and has a weird seat/bars, so I don't know).
    Respect your elders.

If your a good sized guy....I wouldnt start with anything smaller than 600cc's. If you have a little self control than you'll be fine....but on a smaller bike you can also get tired of it quickly.

My first bike was a 750cc.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Either than or he's a fan of Penny Loafers also and he said "Gotta help a brother out."
    Yeah....your probably right. I still think he has an iphone though
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-03-25 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sweet, thanks for the advice, had seen everywhere recommending 250R's as starters but hadn't seen this perspective, but it sounds right... Cool.
    Respect your elders.

Well, Ive been riding for awhile and its a rush. I need the power

But, a 250cc bike would be like having a bicycle with an electric motor on it.....almost. Yes it would obviously be safer to start with....but its all about the rider anyways, the bike doesnt take off on its own.

I highly recommend a slightly bigger bike and more self control. You will be able to enjoy the bike longer. No worries just take it easy and learn learn learn. Dont be stupid and you'll stay alive.................longer

Oh yeah...and remember the biker's motto: Its not if but when

Meaning your gonna burn one day

Thanks

So in your semi-professional opinion, you think like a guy built like myself could look like a motorcyclist on the 650R and not a goon? Or is it too upright/high?

Also, wareagle, didn't we have a discussion quite a while back on here about PWC's? Can't wait for it to get warmer here so I can get them in the water...
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

You haven't really given us any stats on your height/weight/riding experience. I'm shorter (5'7") and I bought a GS500f for my first bike. I've never ridden before. At stock height I was able to put my toes on the ground but not quite flat footed.

After about two months I wished I bought something bigger/faster. On a Ninja 636, I can touch the ground just about the same as with my GS500f.

My advice, go out and look at bikes. Sit on them get a feel for the riding position. Some bikes allow you to sit more upright while others you're laying on the tank. Take the bikes off the kickstand and see where you're feet are. Can you stand flat footed? That made a difference for me because my ride to work means getting stuck on hills.

Before buying, I would look at everything from a 500 to a 650 or 700. I wouldn't mess with 250s. I think you'll get bored after a week of comfortable riding.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

I know, me too ALL DAY, If I can get a break in the rain this weekend I'm gonna take em out for a ride Saturday or Sunday, and probably Monday too since I'm out of school that day and my dads gonna take off work.

Thanks

^Niiice. I'm in MI, so we still have about two months to go, haha.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^Niiice. I'm in MI, so we still have about two months to go, haha.
    ahhh that sucks. well down here in alabama you get warm weather early llike february or march yet you have to put up with TERRIBLE weather when you do!

Thanks

Also, wareagle, didn't we have a discussion quite a while back on here about PWC's? Can't wait for it to get warmer here so I can get them in the water...
    ALL DAY, last weekend my dad told me he bought our friends RXT-X so now its ours!!!!! We took it out to the lake Monday since I was out of school and it runs like a charm so eventually by the end of the summer with my job I'm working hopefully I'll have enough money from getting paid, and commission... i'm working in a Sprint store(no iPhone in there ) I'll be able to buy this:RIVA RXT-X Stage I Kit
    Moves its top speed up about 5 miles an hour and acceleration it helps not to much but that bad boy doesn't need it haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
    ALL DAY, last weekend my dad told me he bought our friends RXT-X so now its ours!!!!! We took it out to the lake Monday since I was out of school and it runs like a charm so eventually by the end of the summer with my job I'm working hopefully I'll have enough money from getting paid, and commission... i'm working in a Sprint store(no iPhone in there ) I'll be able to buy this:RIVA RXT-X Stage I Kit
    Moves its top speed up about 5 miles an hour and acceleration it helps not to much but that bad boy doesn't need it haha
    Oh god, what year?!

I'd do anything for an 08/09 RXP-X. That Riva kit will be sick though since I've heard their capped at 70MPH which sucks. But man, that's awesome... I'm super jealous.
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

My street bike (which happens to get more track than street miles...) 08 1000RR

And my track bike 07 600RR

Thanks

Oh god, what year?!

I'd do anything for an 08/09 RXP-X. That Riva kit will be sick though since I've heard their capped at 70MPH which sucks. But man, that's awesome... I'm super jealous.
    Its on 08 RXT-X. And yeah they are pretty much capped at 70. but with the extra 5 MPH from the Riva kit I could get it up to around 75-6ish if i'm lucky. too bad there goes about a month or mores worth of work to buy it then i have to figure out how to install it all haha

Thanks

Yeah man, it'll be worth it, though when you're blowing anything stock out of the water on both hole-shot and top speed.

I remember when my dad surprised me with our '96 XP's a while back... Those guys still tear it up at about 60 and run real well. Can't wait until I get the chance to get an RXP-X, though.
    Respect your elders.

Note Really a biker but a scooter
    Fly il Bello

Im thinking about doing the same as wareagle. Except this will be my first vehicle. Since my parents are gonna be getting a new car and giving me a '96 explorer. I was looking at the Ninja 250R but i'm pretty new to bikes. COurse im also not the biggest dude at 5'4 so im hoping that doesnt limit my options.

Thanks

Yeah man, it'll be worth it, though when you're blowing anything stock out of the water on both hole-shot and top speed.

I remember when my dad surprised me with our '96 XP's a while back... Those guys still tear it up at about 60 and run real well. Can't wait until I get the chance to get an RXP-X, though.
    haha true that man, but i would be scared if that thing got any better accel, it takes of like a monster right now... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMX9EPlO6k]YouTube - 2008 SeaDoo RXT-X[/ame] thats my dad taking off on it and letting off almost immediately. its a beast!

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post

Was that really necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    Was that really necessary?
    i would think not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure, why not? LOL

It was a buddy that was the photographer, so what the hell... LOL

Here is a Video.

[ame=http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Niner1000RR/Trackdays/Jennings/Sept%2008/Videos/?action=view&current=0da251ed.flv][/ame]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast