Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: talking on the phone?

Default talking on the phone?
    So yea i got my iphone on tues and hacked it and everything is all good with that. I am using my current at&t sim card, i didnt sign a new contract. BUT the problem i have is when i talk to somebody on the phone itself i cant hear ANYTHING. Does anyone else have the problem? If i put it on speakerfone then i could hear good but when i turn it off it is so low then i can't hear anything. if anyone has any solutions or tips, ill take them. thank you

Stupid question but by any change do you still have the plastic coating on? If so it is covering the speaker which you would hear others. I only know this cuz I did the same thing trying to keep the touch pad clean..

Thanks

turn the volume up

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

This is a software glitch.

Try plugging the headphones in, playing some music for about 2-3 minutes, and pulling the headphones out. Then it should work. If not, try again.

Mine did this before. It was after I was playing music and pulled out the wires while the music was still playing...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Stupid question but by any change do you still have the plastic coating on? If so it is covering the speaker which you would hear others. I only know this cuz I did the same thing trying to keep the touch pad clean..
    heh, me too. i was so irate and indignant at first, and was all ready to huff into the apple store and ***** about how i spent all this money on a phone that makes the person on the other end sound like they're faintly whispering two blocks away from me.

and then i realized that i was just dense.

funny thing is, i have the reverse problem. I can hear people fine, but they can't hear me at all. In fact, when they give me their phone to hear, it just sounds like static. Could it just be a defective iPhone or did unlocking mess it up? I used the anySIM method with iBricker