Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Watchmen Sneak Peak

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Watchmen Sneak Peak
    Yea, so I just got back from watching "Watchmen". I was very impressed, even though I never read the novel. Definitely going to have to see it again, just so I know what was going on. Great Cinematography and the actors did well, but hey. What did you expect?

I think that I hate you. I've wanted to see that for so long and you are sooooo lucky to get a sneak peak for it.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Whats it about actually?
    No link... Thanks

You really should snag the novel and read it. It's really, really good and from what I hear the movie just scratches all that is covered in the novel.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

The preview they showed on Leno last night looked super sick, and that girl was smokin'. I'll definitely check this out...
    Respect your elders.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFolse View Post
    Whats it about actually?
    It's basically a graphic novel about superheroes without any superpowers (except for the glowing blue guy). It's set in an alternate America in 1985, I believe, and McCarthyism is still strong. As a result masked vigilantes, like the Watchmen, have disbanded. One is murdered and it's a mystery to find out who the murderer is before apocalypse is brought upon New York City.

The amazing thing about this is that it really redefines, in my opinion, the idea of a superhero. Most of these characters are flawed in some aspect and it shows whenever they dress up to go fight crime. Their lack of powers and human flaws also make them relatable in so many ways.

It is an amazing graphic novel. My girlfriend started reading it today and finished it already. You can definitely go pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble for under $15 (USD) and finish it before the movie. It is worth it.

/massive post

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

that movie looks so good. i cant wait to go and see it on friday. this preview makes the movie look so good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU]YouTube - WATCHMEN Trailer - AMAZING![/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You really should snag the novel and read it. It's really, really good and from what I hear the movie just scratches all that is covered in the novel.
    That's next on my list, but similar to what HNB said, the preview only scratches what is covered in the movie. I'm just trying to convince my fiance to go and watch it and she swears from the preview it's the worst movie ever. For her and others to love Spiderman so much and not even give this movie a try baffles my mind. Either way you won't be disappointed in this flick!

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    That's next on my list, but similar to what HNB said, the preview only scratches what is covered in the movie. I'm just trying to convince my fiance to go and watch it and she swears from the preview it's the worst movie ever. For her and others to love Spiderman so much and not even give this movie a try baffles my mind. Either way you won't be disappointed in this flick!
    I'm glad that my girlfriend is as big a nerd as me. She's counting down the days until Transformers 2.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it looks terrible! it looks like power rangers but dark like batman! why is it being so hyped? whats so good about it? the story line? special fx?
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    i think it looks terrible! it looks like power rangers but dark like batman! why is it being so hyped? whats so good about it? the story line? special fx?
    It's the only "comic book" to be in Time's top 100 novels ever. It's a really, really good graphic novel and the story is superb. You can read it 3-4 times and pick up something new every time. Every panel and story has a meaning, with the majority of them being subtle and not thrown to you in the face so you get from the story only as much as you're willing to take from it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    spiderman and a whole range of Marvel films are just too bad to be described.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    I'm glad that my girlfriend is as big a nerd as me. She's counting down the days until Transformers 2.
    The trailer didn't really grab my attention like the first one did, and the plot sounds rubbish lol
    but I still look forward to it.
    The new Terminator Salvation trailer (#2) looks great; better than Terminator 3 (but that's not saying much)

Thanks

So stoked.. Also there is going to be an iPhone Game/App too! Come onnnn March 6th!
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    spiderman and a whole range of Marvel films are just too bad to be described.
    (but that's not saying much)
    Amen. As a comic book reader/collector in past years, they really hosed what could've been a good thing. I'm hoping that Watchmen does a better job.

I'm picking up the book this week before I watch the movie.

Spider Man 2 is awesome what are you people talking about.

Everything else is crap though.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Spider Man 2 is awesome what are you people talking about.

Everything else is crap though.
    I liked 1 & 2, 2 was better, but 3 was just god-awful.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

^ There was a three? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    ^ There was a three? lol.
    Yeah, it epic failed. He looked emo and acted like a jerk, for lack of a better word, for like half the movie and he just acted like a total female dog for the rest of it. It sucked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i didnt mind the third movie. definatly wasnt the best out of the three... actually was probably the worst but i still thought it was alright. and he acted like and emo because that what was supposed to happen. it did in the comics and on the old tv show. well maybe not emo but he acted like an a**hole for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by keatonec View Post
    i didnt mind the third movie. definatly wasnt the best out of the three... actually was probably the worst but i still thought it was alright. and he acted like and emo because that what was supposed to happen. it did in the comics and on the old tv show. well maybe not emo but he acted like an a**hole for sure.
    Yeah, I remember that in the show, it's just that I figured they would have made it work out much better than it did.