Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: defective wireless card?

Default defective wireless card?
    I was wondering how i can tell if my wireless card is defective...but first the story.

I have dell xps m1530 with a 1395 wlan wireless card but it doesnt work when i want to dual boot osx sooo i read where the 1390 wlan card does work and where u can buy them for $15 shipped on ebay, so i bought one. I got it in and i installed it but when i check under divices (this is in vista btw) there is no 1390 wlan wireless card. I have tried re installing the driver (which is the same for the 1395) but its not working.

Did i do something wrong during my many attempts and connecting and reconnecting the card?

Do i need some other drivers?

Does this for sure mean its defective? or is there some other way i can check?

Thanks for any suggestions!

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe this should be in Chit-Chat... :/
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you check to see if the wireless card is enabled in the BIOS? Do a google search for checking if card is enabled in BIOS.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

yea its not showing up under bios when my other one is showing up as "dell wireless"

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    I don't believe this should be in Chit-Chat... :/

Where do you suggest it be put? :S

It wouldn't make sense to put it under the iphone tab, or the ipod tab, mac tab.... i have a dell but i don't know i guess it could go there? I think chit chat is the best place for it. lol

sorry
    Last edited by howlett15; 2009-02-25 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have thought the Mac forum but now that I think of it. Sorry . Kind of the autopilot response to people coming and asking tech questions in chit chat. My bad.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol not a problem i see where you are coming from too i just really want this dumb thing to work.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Howlett disregard his commment. You can put a technical question on here. I think if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say nothing at all. Anway dude

You're saying it's coming up in the BIOS so that's a start. Is the wireless card made by Dell or Intel?

If you have a Dell Wireless Card it should work "out the box". Let me know I'll keep checking this thread often.

Check this out:

Drivers & Downloads

Download and install the latest wireless driver and BIOS for the system. Also try installing or re-installing Dell QuickSet software as well, It has an effect on the wireless catcher switch.

BEFORE THAT*** TRY THIS!!

You can use Device Manager to change the power management settings for a network adapter. To disable this setting in Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, right-click the adapter, click Properties, click the Power Management tab, and then clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

That may be your issue. Report back dude.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2009-02-26 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.