Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help transfering a program

Default need help transfering a program
    ok im a student at a junior college going for a degree in CAD and there is a program on the computers there called Cadsoft build 6. I have searched the internet and so have some of my class mates and instructor and it's no where to be found and i dont think its even made anymore. It's a very powerful program and i really like it so i was wondering if you could give me some instrctions on how to transfer it from a computer there to my jump drive and be able to use it at home. Our instructor already said that if we could figure it out he was ok with it as long as we didnt go distrubuting in on the internet. I hope this isn't considered a warez post but if so i will understand and wont mention it on here again. One bit of information about the computer is that it is using a novell client so i dont know if that will affect me being able to do this. Thanks for any help and i can assure you this is for educational purposes only and i wont be trying to sell it or distribute it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Go the computer: go to start, my computer, open up the C: drive, program files, and look for the name of the program (it'll be a file), look for the name of the program.exe

Drag that to your thumbdrive.

If the computer has admin rights on it you probably won't be able to get to far into the C: drive.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2009-02-04 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Or the school has the hardcopies of it in some IT room, youll also need to get the serial number on it. also with some google searching seems cadsoft only goes up to build 5.4 via there homepage