Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to get my refund

Default Trying to get my refund
    Well, I am definitely out of apples 14 day refund policy for my 200 bones. So I called customer support earlier to see what i could get done, I talked to this guy then that guy then another guy who was forwarding me to someone who could possibly do something for me, well I stayed on hold for an hour and ten minutes. I only hung up because it had passed their hours of operation. So at this point I'm a little erked by Apple. I really hope I can get something accomplished after being subjected to their god awful hold music for over an hour.

Same boat as u kip, we'll drive up Friday together and see what we can get done, i have the 4gb though, so i may be in luck we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneDoU View Post
    Same boat as u kip, we'll drive up Friday together and see what we can get done, i have the 4gb though, so i may be in luck we'll see!
    I was tempted to drive to my Apple store today and do 33% damage to the store for every 2 months its been open.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattlach View Post
    I was tempted to drive to my Apple store today and do 33% damage to the store for every 2 months its been open.
    that will just raise the prices for all the other products

its not like anyone didn't see this coming
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

This is a perfect example of how NOT to get your money back. Now if you try to talk to the manager and ask for a refund, there's a good chance you will get it, regardless of when you bought it. At the time being its on a per-store basis whether they give you a refund or not (some are, some aren't) since Apple hasn't shown a unified path of action on how to deal with us early-adopters. So get off your high horse, go to where you bought it, and ask nicely for a refund. If that doesn't work, go through your credit card.

Seriously, this whole rawr internet rage is about as childish as one can get. Calm down and work on getting your money back and you will.

Thanks

that's too dam hilarious! LoL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    This is a perfect example of how NOT to get your money back. Now if you try to talk to the manager and ask for a refund, there's a good chance you will get it, regardless of when you bought it. At the time being its on a per-store basis whether they give you a refund or not (some are, some aren't) since Apple hasn't shown a unified path of action on how to deal with us early-adopters. So get off your high horse, go to where you bought it, and ask nicely for a refund. If that doesn't work, go through your credit card.

Seriously, this whole rawr internet rage is about as childish as one can get. Calm down and work on getting your money back and you will.
    He's just venting, calm down

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    He's just venting, calm down
    Some vent, some are honestly enraged at Apple right now. I'm just trying to show that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that with a bit of effort everyone can get their $200 back. : \

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

Heh, talking to them is the first thing I did, with no success.

And should we have seen this coming? Yes! New technology always depreciates fast. But 33% in 2 months is unheard of and to the level where it is insulting.

If I can't get my money back, at least let me fantasize about harming Apple as much as I possibly can.

If I can't get my money back, at least let me fantasize about harming Apple as much as I possibly can.
    Hahaha, go for it. Who knows, maybe they'll make an iphone app that will lets you do that in your phone. KO Steve Jobs v1.0 coming soon!

well thanks for hijacking my thread all of you but i can get my refund, all i need is a scan of someone who was able to get a refund outside of 14 days. whether it was a refund or an exchange i can use it.

my local att manager told me she would do it if i could show proof, because it would be unfair if some got a refund and others didnt.