Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone Feeling F***ed Over By Steve Jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Yes its a total Gates move and you are welcome to post your frustration. But the next person that uses profanity is banned from this site.
    I apologize for my initial reaction but seriously I truley have never felt this screwed over by apple, like a previous poster said any compensation will be good but we all cant just take nothing

Thanks

Estimated wait time to talk to a representative is over 30 minutes

I went to the apple store today and the manager hooked me up with an upgrade and a rebate because of everything that's going on with price drop. I had the 4 gb and of course paid $499 for it. I went in and complained, he gave me $100 credit back to my creditcard and the 8 gb upgrade. Haha I couldn't believe how cool he was about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    I went to the apple store today and the manager hooked me up with an upgrade and a rebate because of everything that's going on with price drop. I had the 4 gb and of course paid $499 for it. I went in and complained, he gave me $100 credit back to my creditcard and the 8 gb upgrade. Haha I couldn't believe how cool he was about it!
    When did you buy your original phone?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sixers772 View Post
    I apologize for my initial reaction but seriously I truley have never felt this screwed over by apple, like a previous poster said any compensation will be good but we all cant just take nothing
    I understand that, I was extremely exited for about 6 seconds until i read "August 23rd - September 5th"

Thanks Steve Gates maybe I'll pass on that modbook now.

There is just no profanity on these boards

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    a total Gates move

hahaha

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    How long ago did you buy your iPhone hackme. because i was thinking about doing something like that but i have had mine since iDay and i dont think they would be so nice to me.....hah

Quote Originally Posted by ltjbigshot View Post
    How long ago did you buy your iPhone hackme. because i was thinking about doing something like that but i have had mine since iDay and i dont think they would be so nice to me.....hah
    Same question although i've only had mine for about a month and got it at an AT&T store, any suggestions

Thanks

Just called the store I bought the iphone from, (the store manager is my brother in law), a month ago and he could not do a thing for me said I am pretty much screwed over.

Thanks

So i am thinking that us devoted apple users that have been with them since iDay are out on it. At least they are giving the people that bought their iphones recently something.

I think what is making me so upset is the fact that i'm a senior in highschool that'll be in college next year who worked pretty hard this summer doing a job for almost minimum wage and that $200 means alot more to me than a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Just called the store I bought the iphone from, (the store manager is my brother in law), a month ago and he could not do a thing for me said I am pretty much screwed over.
    I also waited all day for my phone on the 29th. The manager at the iphone store at the mall agreed that is was crazy what apple is doing to all of the loyals who have had the phone since day 1. He decided that since no one had complained yet he would go ahead and do it for me. He waived all of the restock fees and everything. It was everything i could have asked for.

well finally got through to apple support (purchased my phone online)...just a quick heads up...took 53 minutes on my third call to get a human...or at least an iHuman. They are compltely aware of how pissed people are and they will send you a free accessory valued at 50 or under or a coupon for 40 dollars off next online purchase of 300 or more....which I laughed at and said I really am not planning on another apple purchase after this shinanigans. The good thing going for us though is that we know the support line is swamped with complaints which may institute a them changing the refund credit time frame....

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    well finally got through to apple support (purchased my phone online)...just a quick heads up...took 53 minutes on my third call to get a human...or at least an iHuman. They are compltely aware of how pissed people are and they will send you a free accessory valued at 50 or under or a coupon for 40 dollars off next online purchase of 300 or more....which I laughed at and said I really am not planning on another apple purchase after this shinanigans. The good thing going for us though is that we know the support line is swamped with complaints which may institute a them changing the refund credit time frame....
    Gotta figure at least something free is better than nothing, im still waiting to see what happens with this because I dont believe Jobs would do this without compensation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb You are all Ignant
    Hey guys, just to let you all know one of the first things I noticed is that Apple is offering a 200 credit back to anyone who paid 600. how can you hate on steve jobs? the man is an absolute genius...

Where did you find this? And what about us who paid 500?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its on an engadget article about the release. ill add the link if i can find it again
    \

Update : here it is : http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/s...special-event/
    Last edited by dirtyu; 2007-09-06 at 02:15 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtyu For This Useful Post:

ltjbigshot (2007-09-06), Sixers772 (2007-09-06)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyu View Post
    Its on an engadget article about the release. ill add the link if i can find it again
    Amazing, thanks

Where does it say anything about a $200 credit? I was watching both their and gizmodos liveblog of this event, and never heard that mentioned.

Thanks

For some reason i have stopped caring that i got screwed out of 200 dollars.... mainly because the iPhone has been full of disappointments for me.... i am on my 7th iPhone..... but on the other hand i am excited about the update!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast