Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slingbox Lookie here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Slingbox Lookie here
    If anyone on this forum has a sling box and also an iphone could you try this before i buy a slingbox i FOUND THIS AND DID NOT MAKE THESE INSTRUCTIONS

Here's what you need:
    1. Apple iPhone
    2. A PC running Windows XP or Vista
    3. Slingbox (Connected to your PC with software)

You will need to download a program called TightVNC. This allows you to access your PC from your iPhone's Safari Browser. You must download two files to get this program. You can get them here and here. They are ZIP files so you will have to extract both ZIP files into the same folder. Once you have done that, go to the folder that you extracted and click on the file WinVNC and run it. If an error message comes up saying "This application failed to start because MSVCR71D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the applicaion may fix the problem." You can get that file here. Just extract the files in that ZIP folder into the same folder you extracted the other two files in. Once you have done that, run TightVNC again.(If it didn't work the first time.)

Here's what to do:

1.What you'll first see is a menu with two passwords on it. Erase the passwords already typed in the box and put in your own passwords. Make sure you don't forget the passwords. Then pressthe Apply button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

2.Turn off any Fire Walls you have on your computer so this program can connect to the internet.

3. Press the X button or close button on the program window. This will make it shink down into a box with a V in it over by the clock on your computer.

4. Put your mouse over that box and write the number code that pops up. It should look something like this, 192.168.2.102 but it will be a little diffrent.

5. Go to your Safari Web Browser on you iPhone and type in that number you wrote down followed by :5800 . It should look something like this, http://192.168.2.102:5800/ but, it will be a little diffrent because of your code. I reccomend adding the link to your favorites for easy access.

6. It will ask you for a password. Type in the first password that you typed in earlier.

7. You will now be viewing your desktop. Click on the Slingbox program and run Slingbox.

8. You are done ! Now you can watch Slingbox on your iPhone !

You can also use this program to access any other programs and files on your iPhone too !

Thanks

I haven't tried this, but I have tried Telekinesis, and YES you can turn on Slingplayer, but it doesn't "stream". You cannot hear the sound either. It's probably the same thing in this case. It essentially takes snapshots of the desktop, so the picture changes about 1 time every 10 seconds. I thought it might be useful if I just wanted to check the score of a game or something, but I can look online for that. I don't need a snapshot of my TV.

If somebody has tried this, and got it to work, I would be interested too, as I am very much into my slingbox, and cannot wait for iPhone support.

yeah - working in networking - im quite familiar with VNC - the refresh rate isn't fast enough ...even with out me "trying"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone else have tried this??

Thanks

blahhh july 11th can't come sooner for us slingbox fans, although there software wasnt accepted by apple I have a feeling we will see something worth while in the near near future :-D