Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I fried my iPhone with car battery....and now i get a new one cuz of the warranty pol

Banned
    Thanks

Default I fried my iPhone with car battery....and now i get a new one cuz of the warranty pol
    If you are one of those people who thinks that we should pay for the things we have done to our phones and not try to trade in our broken phones for new or refurbished ones with apple...then this thread is not for you

Soooo....i was trying to unlock an OTB iphone with a hyper card about a month ago and i erased the baseband cuz im an idiot. anyway....this thead inspired me http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14839

but since my dad is an electrical genius i didnt really follow the threads instructions. this is what we did.....we took an extention cord and stipped the wire and split the positive and negative wires....then pluged the positive side into the other positive side of the dock and the negative in the other neagtive side of the dock. (positive is the right whole and negative is the left whole for the dock input on the phone.) so then we hooked the other side of the wires to the car battery. then we started to touch the other end of the wires to the car battery while the car was running. the battery with send out a huge spark everytime you touch it and a little smoke will come out....but u have to touch it a couple times. after that you cant turn the phone on anymore and yeah.

apple is sending me a box tomorrow where i can ship it to them and they are shipping me a new one. ohhh yeah

Wow, um maybe you should take it easy on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    If you are one of those people who thinks that we should pay for the things we have done to our phones and not try to trade in our broken phones for new or refurbished ones with apple...then this thread is not for you

Soooo....i was trying to unlock an OTB iphone with a hyper card about a month ago and i erased the baseband cuz im an idiot. anyway....this thead inspired me http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14839

but since my dad is an electrical genius i didnt really follow the threads instructions. this is what we did.....we took an extention cord and stipped the wire and split the positive and negative wires....then pluged the positive side into the other positive side of the dock and the negative in the other neagtive side of the dock. (positive is the right whole and negative is the left whole for the dock input on the phone.) so then we hooked the other side of the wires to the car battery. then we started to touch the other end of the wires to the car battery while the car was running. the battery with send out a huge spark everytime you touch it and a little smoke will come out....but u have to touch it a couple times. after that you cant turn the phone on anymore and yeah.

apple is sending me a box tomorrow where i can ship it to them and they are shipping me a new one. ohhh yeah
    let me know what happens

Thanks

Ha! Ha! Apple, take that!

Yeah, becareful with the new one, you might not get soo lucky next time??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

Wow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Man you're just too Gangsta! Your father has taught you well. This is what's wrong with America. Brag that your a POS and that you scammed Apple! I mean if you accidentally mess up your phone and apple is shady then do what you need to, but try and unlock or hack it and mess it up then you need to man up and pay for a new one!

Most Everyone loves that apple makes such good products but it's never good enough. These posts are so pathetic, you imorons!

I'd have to agree with the post above mine, that's taking advantage of a service that should be saved for those who actually need it. I wouldn't do that, because it dishonors oneself. If you live with honor, then you feel better.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    Man you're just too Gangsta! Your father has taught you well. This is what's wrong with America. Brag that your a POS and that you scammed Apple! I mean if you accidentally mess up your phone and apple is shady then do what you need to, but try and unlock or hack it and mess it up then you need to man up and pay for a new one!

Most Everyone loves that apple makes such good products but it's never good enough. These posts are so pathetic, you imorons!
    I agree, take responsibility for what you did, because its your fault and no one else's.

That's a common practice in the electronics industry. Fry the product and send it in for warranty replacement.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

it isn't replaced YET. Once apple gets it we'll see.

You'd be surprised how much they can detect your stupidity. ......I've seen them do it.

Yeah, you should probably brag after you get your replacement....

Green Apple
    Thanks

He wont get a REPLACEMENT!!!!! Guarenteed Apple will detect your stupidity...........If your dad is an electrical genius,then let him know that the output of iphone wall charger or car charger is only 5 volts,so dont hook it up to 12+ volts...HMMM electrical genius..Save the warranty for people who need it...Just my 2 cents